Feedback on the NEW WrongPlanet site.

Page 5 of 21 [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 7:29 pm

xmh wrote:
The frontpage has "Register" and "Log in" buttons, however if I click through to the forums I am logged in.

I noticed this too.
I only appear to be logged in at the forums. If I click on any other site option (Videos, Friends&Relationships, etc.), than the green buttons with Register and Log In show up again. When I click Log In, the screen jumps back to Forums.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 7:32 pm

I can't see much at once on the mobile version because there are no columns, there are a lot of wasted spaces and you can't zoom in/out. It's very hard to click a small link (such as the page number of a thread). It's become kind of less flexible.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 7:45 pm

SameStars wrote:
I'm puzzled about something in the profiles; some usernames are depicted in red, others in dark blue. What does it signify?

It appears to me that every user who joined before February 2nd, 2012 is in blue, and every member who joined after that date is in red. I haven't found any members who that doesn't apply to, yet.
Edit: I think this also solves my previous question from the last page.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 8:14 pm

^nice observation!

also why are there two reporting threads?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2014, 8:20 pm

The forum ranromly logs me out sometimes.

Have we figured out yet what makes some names bold in the "last post by" column?

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 8:45 pm

The main problem that I have with the new site is that you can no longer see someone else's gender or diagnosis.

xmh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2014, 8:59 pm

The button to go to the last unread post (from the subforum index) is not viable anymore.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 9:01 pm

Jono wrote:
The main problem that I have with the new site is that you can no longer see someone else's gender or diagnosis.

yeah :| it would make communication a bit harder definitely, with it not visible. thanks English for not having a gender neutral pronoun.
we've had lots of suggestions about more gender/sex and diagnosis options, perhaps custom.
they could still be working on it or not?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 9:14 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
"View my posts" on the main forum page needs to work like it used to. It needs to show topics I've posted in. Right now, it works like the "view all posts by this user" feature on the profile page.

I don't actually read my old posts very often, but I do like to have a one button way to find out if there have been replies to threads I've posted in.

THIS.

alex
Developer
Developer

23 Nov 2014, 9:15 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
"View my posts" on the main forum page needs to work like it used to. It needs to show topics I've posted in. Right now, it works like the "view all posts by this user" feature on the profile page.

I don't actually read my old posts very often, but I do like to have a one button way to find out if there have been replies to threads I've posted in.

THIS.

That's one of the things that will be fixed. Hopefully soon.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 10:01 pm

Murihiku wrote:

One thing I've noticed is that there are posts missing on some threads. It's particularly noticeable on larger ones like the "Last person to post wins" thread on the Games forum. It had over 5,400 pages before the upgrade, but now it's down to around 4,300 pages. That's around 10,000 posts missing from a single thread. Any reason why?

There are over 4 years of posts missing from the Five Letter Word Game in "Off The Wall"!

I just noticed when making that italicised phrase that this function isn't working properly either (ditto the Bold icon).

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 10:13 pm

Lindsey1151 wrote:
There are some threads missing!

They may have just migrated to another page on the forum. I initially thought the very popular Banned thread on Off The Wall had been erased, but it turned up on the third page. Still a pain to find, if the particular forum is a large one, and the thread has been moved to page 100!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 10:19 pm

so no more quote tunnels?

say's you can't embed more then 3 quotes in a reply. this sucks if you are replying to someone about what they replied to. now you have to make it just to their reply and yours. :(

alex
Developer
Developer

23 Nov 2014, 10:35 pm

sly279 wrote:
so no more quote tunnels?

say's you can't embed more then 3 quotes in a reply. this sucks if you are replying to someone about what they replied to. now you have to make it just to their reply and yours. :(

fixed

arnoldmcguire335
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Nov 2014, 10:56 pm

I like the new style of the forum. very pleasing to the eye. :wink:

fossil_n
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2014, 11:34 pm

Now that we are on the new site, I really wish we could change usernames, but it seems like that is still not possible.