MODERATOR ATTENTION: How to get help when you need it

Page 15 of 18 [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Feyokien
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Apr 2021, 9:19 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I still stand by what I said in general about needing a better method of appealing than only having Alex as a point of contact or having to violate the rules about avoiding a ban in order to try to make contact, but I don't like being roped into advocating on someone's behalf when the case I'm making doesn't apply to them. :?

Yeah that doesn't seem like a great system considering Alex has been afk for quite a while. I have a dummy email, [email protected] that people can contact if they want to appeal.

I don't consider making a sockpuppet account for the sole purpose to appeal a ban to be a rulebreak. I find them increasingly untasteful and rule-breaky when they are done publicly though and then the user proceeds to post everywhere without first securing a successful appeal. No one ever just makes an account and PM's a mod. Always with grand displays that just present half truths and inevitably poison the forum against the moderators.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 9:26 pm

Feyokien wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
I still stand by what I said in general about needing a better method of appealing than only having Alex as a point of contact or having to violate the rules about avoiding a ban in order to try to make contact, but I don't like being roped into advocating on someone's behalf when the case I'm making doesn't apply to them. :?

Yeah that doesn't seem like a great system considering Alex has been afk for quite a while. I have a dummy email, [email protected] that people can contact if they want to appeal.

I don't consider making a sockpuppet account for the sole purpose to appeal a ban to be a rulebreak. I find them increasingly untasteful and rule-breaky when they are done publicly though and then the user proceeds to post everywhere without first securing a successful appeal. No one ever just makes an account and PM's a mod. Always with grand displays that just present half truths and inevitably poison the forum against the moderators.

That's a really fair criticism and definitely making a spectacle and sowing distrust of the mods doesn't help anyone involved.

A lot of us probably have significant distrust of authority due to negative experiences when having to advocate on our behalf to authorities after being treated unfairly so that sort of discord is easy to spread. We don't all turn into paranoid conspiracy theorists but it's fair that folks might be less trusting and more skeptical than average just due to the inability to scrutinize decisions.

Feyokien
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Apr 2021, 10:21 pm

Just as an update, I've banned the Weirdness sockpuppet and several successive ones after. They doubled down while simultaneously opened up a barrage of insults. Par for the course.

Quote:
A lot of us probably have significant distrust of authority due to negative experiences when having to advocate on our behalf to authorities after being treated unfairly so that sort of discord is easy to spread. We don't all turn into paranoid conspiracy theorists but it's fair that folks might be less trusting and more skeptical than average just due to the inability to scrutinize decisions.

Oh I understand that. We're supposed to prioritize the privacy of people involved in disputes so that is why things are opaque a great deal of the time.

Alright, back to this threads purpose of reporting issues.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 8:32 am

Like a recurring rash...

She's Back! 

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

28 Apr 2021, 8:34 am

:roll: Thanks - engaging clean-up mode...

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2021, 6:38 pm

Can I have this thread locked? :)

viewtopic.php?t=396105

Currently Blint is stable and is undergoing physio. She is now able to walk with assistance. Signature is updated accordingly.

Feyokien
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Apr 2021, 6:43 pm

Done

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 8:44 am

This thread is problematic to say the least.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

02 May 2021, 8:49 am

Thanks, I'll take a look.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 6:28 am

I think this thread belongs in PPR.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

06 May 2021, 6:30 am

Thanks, moved to PPR.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 6:33 am

Cornflake wrote:
Thanks, moved to PPR.

That was fast and you are welcome.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

06 May 2021, 6:35 am

8)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 7:40 pm

So, is there an official policy regarding intentionally misgendering another poster?

If not, is it maybe time to discuss changing that?

Feyokien
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 May 2021, 8:15 pm

^ Yes, that is covered under this blanket statement

Quote:
behavior intended to provoke or belittle other member

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 7:55 pm

This thread is just one personal attack after another and needs to be not only locked but completely deleted.