Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 48,953
Location: Stendec

12 May 2021, 10:18 am

Welcome back!


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2013
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 518
Location: England

12 May 2021, 12:03 pm

thank you


_________________
Have diagnosis of autism.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 75,923
Location: Queens, NYC

12 May 2021, 4:26 pm

Your IQ doesn't seem "low" to me.

Bus drivers have to be smart out there on the road. I would have trouble being a bus driver without extensive training. I used to want to drive for Greyhound when I was younger.

I hope you don't think I was "picking on you." I just don't agree that there's an association between glasses and autism.



Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2013
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 518
Location: England

12 May 2021, 7:17 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Your IQ doesn't seem "low" to me.

Bus drivers have to be smart out there on the road. I would have trouble being a bus driver without extensive training. I used to want to drive for Greyhound when I was younger.

I hope you don't think I was "picking on you." I just don't agree that there's an association between glasses and autism.


no you wasnt picking on me , theres a difference between picking on someone and having your own opinion but i was talking about some who made me feel bad about myself in some threads not including the glasses thread

my dad got me into the bus driving business and he trained me up well cos he was a experienced manager and trainer he did it while i was in rehab therapy to stop me going back to my old drugs and drink life and it worked
but driving buses is a special interest of mine too and i love doing it iv been doing it for years now


_________________
Have diagnosis of autism.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 75,923
Location: Queens, NYC

12 May 2021, 7:58 pm

It's a great and honorable job. And I believe you'll get a pension once you retire.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 38,090

12 May 2021, 8:45 pm

Welcome back Caz!

I don't know you very well but I'd love to know you better. I felt badly that you were upset, and feeling bullied.

Please stick around.

By the way, you drive a bus?? That's freaking awesome. I think you rock! 8)



Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,704

12 May 2021, 9:50 pm

I'm glad you stayed, there are some nice people on here.

You're a bus driver how cool is that.



Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2013
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 518
Location: England

14 May 2021, 5:08 pm

aw thanks

i struggle with dyslexia as well as autism and it can make writing posts hard for me here but the spell check on the computer helps me

I know it can be hard to imagine a autistic person with dyslexia driving buses but it can happen but i did need a lot of help from my dad and other people to get me where i am today in fact i owe it to my dad because if it wasnt for him i would probably died before i hit 40 because of the lifestyle i used to live


_________________
Have diagnosis of autism.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 75,923
Location: Queens, NYC

15 May 2021, 5:03 am

There have been many famous and successful people who have dyslexia.



BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Aug 2015
Posts: 5,666

16 May 2021, 2:23 pm

I don't know you well, Caz, but I'm glad you've decided to stay. I contributed to the glasses thread and I did not mock you. When childless people tell me how to parent or not parent, I always just ignore them, because quite often they have a bone to pick and I'm not interested in going there.


_________________
A finger in every pie.


League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,903
Location: Pacific Northwest

16 May 2021, 3:11 pm

I didn't see any mean comments in the glasses thread but I suspect natural plastic's humor may have been taken in a bad way by the OP because he has a sense of humor and he has done similar things to me as well. I don't think he was doing it to be mean.

I think things would be a lot better if everyone just asked "Excuse me but were you trying to be mean there because the way it sounded sound like you were trying to mock me or something because you didn't like my post." And that person can have the chance to clarify their intentions but this only works if the person isn't assuming bad intentions in anyone and they are hoping they are misreading the tone and aren't assuming the person is gaslighting them.


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,368
Location: Sagittarius A

16 May 2021, 3:15 pm

Caz72 wrote:
aw thanks

i struggle with dyslexia as well as autism and it can make writing posts hard for me here but the spell check on the computer helps me

I know it can be hard to imagine a autistic person with dyslexia driving buses but it can happen but i did need a lot of help from my dad and other people to get me where i am today in fact i owe it to my dad because if it wasnt for him i would probably died before i hit 40 because of the lifestyle i used to live


I have dyslexia too and it can be a real struggle and fustrating to boot trying to get out what I am trying to say. I can give spell check a run for it's money and sometimes spell check has no idea what I am trying to say. It is incredibaly fustrating having to substitute words and knowing a word only to spell it correctly sometimes. I am glad you turned your life around and that you are here.

No spell check :oops:


_________________
Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.” ― Bertrand Russell


Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2013
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 518
Location: England

16 May 2021, 4:35 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I didn't see any mean comments in the glasses thread but I suspect natural plastic's humor may have been taken in a bad way by the OP because he has a sense of humor and he has done similar things to me as well. I don't think he was doing it to be mean.

I think things would be a lot better if everyone just asked "Excuse me but were you trying to be mean there because the way it sounded sound like you were trying to mock me or something because you didn't like my post." And that person can have the chance to clarify their intentions but this only works if the person isn't assuming bad intentions in anyone and they are hoping they are misreading the tone and aren't assuming the person is gaslighting them.


the glasses thread i was just wondering if wearing glasses was common on autism spectrum because everyone but me who iv ever met with autism all seemed to wear glasses and these were young people when i was young
but some replies in the the thread made me feel like I was asking something stupid like ,no correlation now moving on
but iv seen even more ridiculous correlations people have posted on the site

the thread where i got called a racist got my back up the most theres was like several pages of replys in the thread but i just said what the real answer was and i my post got deleted i didnt think that was fair it wasnt racist atall

with dyslexia im not unable to read or write but reading does take me longer than it should and im not very good at writing posts perfectly

people just say its sense of humour but i find it hard to get sense of humour also i dont have much sense of humour im quite serious and logical and just like to say it how it is , i dont do humour


_________________
Have diagnosis of autism.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,192
Location: Australia

16 May 2021, 6:52 pm

Caz72 wrote:
I always seem to be picked on here i thought this was a place i could be myself i suffer with nt bullies every day i shouldnt have to feel invalid on a autism forum but i do

I go to parents discussion for advice only to be told by a childless person i am a bad parent for setting boundaries for my teenage son

I reply to a thread and i get reported for being racist even tho i dont see any racism in what i had put all i was doing was saying what everyone was dancing around the obvious

people make fun of my thread about glasses and autism

so thats it im done here if thats the way some of you think of me goodbye hope you find someone else to pick on


I have had problems with some people, also, hence my infrequent posts.
A lot of people leave because they feel bullied. I guess I am just too stubborn or too stupid to do so. ;)

It is interesting you came back.
We need more beauty here. ;)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv Joe Biden! Democracy first!


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,192
Location: Australia

16 May 2021, 7:03 pm

Caz72 wrote:
the thread where i got called a racist got my back up the most theres was like several pages of replys in the thread but i just said what the real answer was and i my post got deleted i didnt think that was fair it wasnt racist atall


Being called a racist is par for the course, here, but it gets worse when you are constantly/purposely being misrepresented as being one.
I guess things have improved for you, or you have increased your psychological armour, hence your return.

Caz72 wrote:
with dyslexia im not unable to read or write but reading does take me longer than it should and im not very good at writing posts perfectly


I have dyslexia, also, in addition to bad A.D.D. which makes reading quite difficult.
What can I say?
Lifes a biatch. ;)

Caz72 wrote:
people just say its sense of humour but i find it hard to get sense of humour also i dont have much sense of humour im quite serious and logical and just like to say it how it is , i dont do humour


Guilty!
I got pounded into the ground because I (use to) like to joke around, here.
I think it is a situation where it is a combination of sometimes misunderstanding what people say/mean and being confronted by a$$holes.
Life is never rarely black&white. :wink:

Do you go to other forums?
I hope you don't put all your eggs in one basket.
I have diversified quite a lot these days.


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv Joe Biden! Democracy first!


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,192
Location: Australia

16 May 2021, 7:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There have been many famous and successful people who have dyslexia.



Thank you. 8)

ASPartOfMe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
It's terrible such behavior takes place on an autism support site. I'm sorry your experience here has not been a positive one. Take care!

This
^^^^

QFT

Caz72 wrote:
ok iv come back but i am not going t put up with any targeting accusations or people picking on me just cos my iq is lower than most peoples here


Point them out.
There should be zero tolerance for bullies on an autism website.


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv Joe Biden! Democracy first!