Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,781
Location: Australia

17 Oct 2021, 8:23 pm

This is a recent development.
That is not a major concern, but I have found, even though I simply log on with my saved password, the number of allowed attempts is counting down.
I am down to 3 attempts now.
Is anyone else have this problem?


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 53,093
Location: Over there

18 Oct 2021, 5:58 am

Do you mean that, even though you're logging on with your saved password, you still get challenged for the password?
There is also a built-in auto-logout function but that triggers after no activity for some time (like, you leave your PC logged on while you have dinner or go out for a while) - I've not measured it, but it's at least an hour, possibly two.

How does the reducing attempt count show - its it something that's just displayed at login, like an announcement, that you have three chances at logging in or is it something you're seeing because your logins are failing?

Has that count been reducing over time - days, weeks?

I don't know if WP uses it, but a fairly common technique during many failed logins is to taper off the number of attempts allowed within some given time, or that further failed logins result in an increasing delay between later attempts.
But both of these depend on a series of failed logins, and that seems unlikely if you're using a stored password.


_________________
Giraffe: a ruminant with a view.


VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,461
Location: Illinois

18 Oct 2021, 9:00 am

It's a conspiracy, man! They're trying to silence you!


_________________
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Jiddu Krisnamurti


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 51,971
Location: Stendec

18 Oct 2021, 9:08 am

There is no conspiracy.  The Illuminati does not exist.  Nether does the Mafia.

No one has gained unauthorized access to the server upon which WrongPlanet runs.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,781
Location: Australia

18 Oct 2021, 2:01 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
It's a conspiracy, man! They're trying to silence you!


The thought has crossed my mind. :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 38,855
Location: UK

18 Oct 2021, 2:10 pm

Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
It's a conspiracy, man! They're trying to silence you!


The thought has crossed my mind. :mrgreen:


It crossed mine too seeing as how I never get logged out even when I've not been active for weeks.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,781
Location: Australia

21 Oct 2021, 2:40 pm

babybird wrote:
Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
It's a conspiracy, man! They're trying to silence you!


The thought has crossed my mind. :mrgreen:


It crossed mine too seeing as how I never get logged out even when I've not been active for weeks.


This being constantly logged out is new.
It happened today, also, though the login attempts have gone back up to 4 from 3, now.

I used to stay logged in for months at a time, previously.
I guess I am "special" now. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 53,093
Location: Over there

21 Oct 2021, 4:01 pm

^ I'm interested to know what your answers are to these questions, earlier:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=400927&p=8887491#p8884995


_________________
Giraffe: a ruminant with a view.


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 38,855
Location: UK

22 Oct 2021, 9:31 am

Pepe wrote:
babybird wrote:
Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
It's a conspiracy, man! They're trying to silence you!


The thought has crossed my mind. :mrgreen:


It crossed mine too seeing as how I never get logged out even when I've not been active for weeks.


This being constantly logged out is new.
It happened today, also, though the login attempts have gone back up to 4 from 3, now.

I used to stay logged in for months at a time, previously.
I guess I am "special" now. 8)


AW you are special for all the right reasons.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,781
Location: Australia

24 Oct 2021, 5:52 am

babybird wrote:
Pepe wrote:
babybird wrote:
Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
It's a conspiracy, man! They're trying to silence you!


The thought has crossed my mind. :mrgreen:


It crossed mine too seeing as how I never get logged out even when I've not been active for weeks.


This being constantly logged out is new.
It happened today, also, though the login attempts have gone back up to 4 from 3, now.

I used to stay logged in for months at a time, previously.
I guess I am "special" now. 8)


AW you are special for all the right reasons.


Does that mean you luv me? 8O
Wow!
Now that I finally have a woman, I don't know what to do with her.
Suggestion anyone? :scratch: :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 53,093
Location: Over there

24 Oct 2021, 6:00 am

Pepe, do you actually want to be helped with your opening query here?


_________________
Giraffe: a ruminant with a view.