Page 2 of 57 [ 898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 57  Next

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 8:56 pm

stay in mantrol guys, the girls will love you hard.....

aaahh the patriarchy eh?

Scandinavia employs women at higher proportions in health and education sectors....

Dont you just love all the weaner bully boys who feel threatened..... so conjure up erroneous misogynist allegations to enforce the status quo.....

Go hard guys

Last edited by Surfman on 20 Oct 2011, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 8:57 pm

Fnord wrote:
The ability for mods to merge or split threads. Merging would reduce the instances of duplicated thread topics, such as the recent threads on oxytocin. Splitting threads would allow for when divergent topics develop in the same thread.

The problem with doing that is you've got several different conversations, and then you're just kinda sellotaping them together. Doesn't make for natural reading.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 9:01 pm

Surfman wrote:
stay in mantrol guys, the girls will love you hard.....

aaahh the patriarchy eh?

Is patriarchy your 'thing surfman doesn't like du jour'?

Fear the wrath of Moog; uberman and ultra-patriarch, despot of WP and despoiler of things that need despoiling.

I'm going to need a longer custom title.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 9:03 pm

lol

Please consider the benefits, I think you can pay them less, and get more :roll:

You guys could contract out to Indian females, just a few rupees per day....then spend the extra on coke and b*****s

Last edited by Surfman on 20 Oct 2011, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 9:08 pm

Surfman wrote:
lol

Please consider the benefits, I think you can pay them less, and get more :roll:

You've had your say, I've had mine. I think you're being silly. Whatevs

PM
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 9:09 pm

Surfman wrote:
lol

You could contact out to Indian females, just a few rupees per day....

Uh, dude, it does not matter what gender the staff members are, they are here to do a job.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 9:11 pm

So your telling me to shut up because you dont like my suggestion?

It has no truth? no benefit? just like that? because you say so?

This is exactly what I am saying!! !! !

Hmmm, it gets interesting....divide and conquer...

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 9:18 pm

Surfman wrote:
So your telling me to shut up because you dont like my suggestion?

It has no truth? no benefit? just like that? because you say so?

This is exactly what I am saying!! !! !

Hmmm, it gets interesting....

Again, still being daft.

I said, you've had your say. I haven't prevented you from it.

But now you're just spoiling the thread.

And I'm guessing it's because you've interpreted me making it as 'using WP for my own ends, male ego and social status'

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 9:22 pm

Moog wrote:
But now you're just spoiling the thread.

Sorry guys

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 9:26 pm

Moog wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The ability for mods to merge or split threads. Merging would reduce the instances of duplicated thread topics, such as the recent threads on oxytocin. Splitting threads would allow for when divergent topics develop in the same thread.
The problem with doing that is you've got several different conversations, and then you're just kinda sellotaping them together. Doesn't make for natural reading.

True enough, but if the threads are merged while each still has a single-digit post count, then the conversations will tend to merge and diverge, just like they always do, especially when the OP is spammed over several forums within a short time. Again, I refer to the recent oxytocin threads.

Please reconsider.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 8:29 am

Fnord wrote:
Moog wrote:
Fnord wrote:

True enough, but if the threads are merged while each still has a single-digit post count, then the conversations will tend to merge and diverge, just like they always do, especially when the OP is spammed over several forums within a short time. Again, I refer to the recent oxytocin threads.

Please reconsider.

Theres already a way of merging topics if theres need to.

Having said that its not a simple thing to do and its easier for us to do something like making a post at the thread with less replies saying that the conversation can be continued at the other thread and locking the thread.
@Surfman we are trying to get alex to install other mods(this place is too damn big for 3 of us) and you´d be pleased to hear that some of the suggestions are female members. Having said this the last word on who will be approached to become a mod is on alex and we cant assure you anything.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 8:56 am

:cry:

a compliment isn't really a compliment if it insults my colleagues. we all do this volunteer job the best we know how, and Moog is still teaching me a lot of things. he has been guiding my decisions and actions so he is right there along with me and does not hesitate to tell me when i have made an error. just because some members have not personally felt his light touch does not mean that he (or spongy too) is not just as caring or even more sensitive or gentle than me.

it annoys me that when Moog started a thread looking for positive site suggestions, someone took the opportunity to attack him. it's very easy to hamstring the person who is at the forefront stepping ahead to try to make positive changes.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 10:02 am

Take heart, Lex. In the words of Theodore Roosevelt...

Teddy Roosevelt wrote:
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 1:06 pm

hyperlexian wrote:

a compliment isn't really a compliment if it insults my colleagues. we all do this volunteer job

Are you volunteers? I thought you got paid? I'm sorry to give you grief, I just wanted the best response to members problems

I'm sorry to have been so abrasive that it appeared I was attacking anyone, let alone Moog. I have a huge amount of respect for all the mods, and have no personal issues and mean no disrespect. I am really in Charlie Brown mode most of the time :wink: I tend to put my arguments with gusto, and I'm sorry if I directed rage at you, meant for an issue outside of your control.

My issues were and still are, with systemic structures outside of you guys (and girls) control, but have today considered the importance of a firm and fair male response. Especially with some of the noisey roosters here :oops:

Your doing a much better job than I could, with my temperament.... but I'm not here to do that, my job is different.

Touché Fnord I will lick my wounds to fight another day. :) You are indeed formidable, and I hope we can agree to disagree on our conflicting views.

Have a great weekend

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 1:22 pm

hyperlexian wrote:

a compliment isn't really a compliment if it insults my colleagues. we all do this volunteer job the best we know how, and Moog is still teaching me a lot of things. he has been guiding my decisions and actions so he is right there along with me and does not hesitate to tell me when i have made an error. just because some members have not personally felt his light touch does not mean that he (or spongy too) is not just as caring or even more sensitive or gentle than me.

it annoys me that when Moog started a thread looking for positive site suggestions, someone took the opportunity to attack him. it's very easy to hamstring the person who is at the forefront stepping ahead to try to make positive changes.

This is not sarcasm. I truly feel that the mods here on WP do a great job. I understand that it is a thankless job and I am glad people volunteer to do it. Keep up the good work! :)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 10:41 pm

How about sticky "Meta" threads in each of the sub-forums, for members to discuss issues having to do with the forums themselves rather than their given topics? For example, a PPR Meta thread might be useful as a contact point between the members there and the moderation team, and allow for brainstorming on things like how to control the partisan spam in that forum without trampling on member's rights to voice their opinions and other sticky issues.

Also, some guidelines on quote-nesting would be nice, some people don't seem to know how to pare down a long quote pyramid, and it renders certain threads unreadable after a while.

- Rick Sanchez