Page 12 of 18 [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 2:44 pm

Fnord wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
They told me my friend he wouldn't be good at poetry because he is dyslexic; but so far he has made 3 jugs and a vase and they are quite lovely.  A dyslexic Republican politician had to suspend his campaign because he vowed to put an end to Texas.
I get it, I admit I was slow but I get it.  Why don't you start a thread with all these wonderful, entertaining treasures that you have in abundance? It's so much fun.
I don't get either one.  I'm trying ...
"Poetry" might be a dyslexic person's perception of "Pottery" -- "Texas" for "Taxes" in a similar way.
Fnord I swear, your new Avatar just makes me want to hug you, which you may cringe at, but nevertheless. You have been warned.
No worries.  One reason I chose that image was to remind me to be more of a warm-hearted grandfatherly type and less of a cold-blooded amphibian.  We'll see how it goes.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 2:45 pm

Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
They told me my friend he wouldn't be good at poetry because he is dyslexic; but so far he has made 3 jugs and a vase and they are quite lovely.  A dyslexic Republican politician had to suspend his campaign because he vowed to put an end to Texas.
I get it, I admit I was slow but I get it.  Why don't you start a thread with all these wonderful, entertaining treasures that you have in abundance? It's so much fun.
"Poetry" might be a dyslexic person's perception of "Pottery" -- "Texas" for "Taxes" in a similar way.
Fnord I swear, your new Avatar just makes me want to hug you, which you may cringe at, but nevertheless. You have been warned.
No worries.  One reason I chose that image was to remind me to be more of a warm-hearted grandfatherly type and less of a cold-blooded amphibian.  We'll see how it goes.
Oh, now that's priceless!

YOINKED!!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 2:47 pm

Fnord wrote:
Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Oh, now that's priceless!

YOINKED!!

I knew you'd like it :lol:

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Aug 2020, 2:50 pm

[quote[/quote]No worries.  One reason I chose that image was to remind me to be more of a warm-hearted grandfatherly type and less of a cold-blooded amphibian.  We'll see how it goes.[/quote]

I think you'd make a great grandfather...er, a grandfather that's great... :nerdy:

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 3:02 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I think you'd make a great grandfather... er, a grandfather that's great...
Thanks!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Aug 2020, 3:13 pm

^ did you notice the part about "great grandfather"? - I guess someone who thinks their grandfather is great would have to refer to him as a "wonderful grandfather" maybe, or he will feel even older! :lol:

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 3:15 pm

My grandparents would be close to 110 now, so I'm glad he doesn't resemble them. :P

I'd be glad to have a coffee or a beer with you, Fnord. You look more like my older brother or an Uncle.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 3:25 pm

So disappointed the avatar isn't fnord. :lol:

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 3:27 pm

League_Girl wrote:

Oh wait, was I too literal again? It's not him?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 3:29 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Google search image by right clicking his avatar.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 3:40 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
So disappointed the avatar isn't Fnord.
It's not me; and although there is some resemblance, I'm much better-looking.

:wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 6:46 pm

Teach51 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Yeah, the pic oozes "likeability".
Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing. :mrgreen:

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 1:24 am

Fnord wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
magz wrote:
Pepe wrote:
What is needed is a diversity of thought.
A flat earther, a paranoid, a psychopath... and a lot of popcorn :mrgreen:
A cannibal, a kabbalist, a vegan, a person who has been abducted by aliens...diverse.
A schizophrenic, a sociopath, a conspiracy theorist, and a professional politician.

But that wouldn't be diverse cause all profesional politicians are sociopaths.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 1:25 am

Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
As long as our new moderators continue the current tradition of trying to keep things relatively neutral (at least as far as is possible) in areas like news and PPR, and don't favour one side or the other, this sounds like good news.

And I second Pepe's nomination...Having the site's resident skunk as moderator could work well - people would sense him lurking and be on their best behaviour :)

I'm not interested in becoming a mod. :eew:
I want to follow in the footsteps of my hero and be a super snitch like Fnord. :heart: :mrgreen:

So...Do we have a "hall monitor" position available for Pepe?

I've got my Hall Monitor shield ready. 8)

I love it :lol:

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 1:46 am

envirozentinel wrote:
I tend to correct things from time to time too.

A friend is having some construction done and the printed slogan on the overalls is supposed to say "surpassing your expectations" but I came out as "su(p)pressing your expectations".

Imagine being the person who hires them. :lol:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 8:05 pm

Regarding Mr. Fnord's New Avatar Photo per Discussion here:

That's Hilarious; from cursory closer inspection, the Hooded Reptile Dude was Obviously Photo-Shopped on the Coffee
Mug; And as Mr. Fnord Used to List His Age; i remember it very close to mine; but i'm not going to 'Out Him' on
His Specific Age; Definitely, Younger than this 70-80 Something Year-Old Man; on the other Hand, he might
Be Aging Like some of Peers at my 40th Class-Reunion as they did not learn in School How to age more
Gracefully (Hint: Free Dance And Sing) With Smiles. Haha; i even went to Hell on Earth for 66 Months
and avoided aging decades faster; but i will Say my 'Old Boss' at my Age now looked very Similar to this.

i must say This Kind Old Gentleman, Could Surely Play the Role of Santa at the Mall; Twinkling

Eyes with a Smile looking all Self-Authenticated Through And Through Happy to be here too...

Yes, This is an image to attain within at least at any age for real.

i Commend You, Mr. Fnord, on Your Amiable Aim; Been

Delivering Gifts all Day; for myself, at least..;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick