Getting sick of the bigots and trolls on WP

Page 6 of 10 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 9:52 pm

spudnik wrote:
CentralFLM wrote:
Quote:
My sound will not work!! !! videos on the internet no sound! Itunes works find so it shouldn't be the speakers!! ! The one difference is my mom used Dust cleaner and sprayed my cooling fan and keyboard (you have to clean them!! !! !) Please help ME!! !! !! !! !

Yea the world will end because you don't have sound. Why don't you get out of your room, out of your parent's house, and actually contribute something or GIVE somethng back to society instead of crying like a baby at the world.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp1743482 ... t=#1743482

CentralFLM wrote:
Maaduck or Christiaaaaaaaan, your an idiot and your mom must have been illiterate to spell your name that way. Secondly, I saw your picture on your myspace page and you look 40. You need to take better care of yourself.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp1743272 ... t=#1743272

Seems very trollish to me

Now *those* Posts are trollish. the ones Mr.mark linked to sounded like innocent posts.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 8:51 am

Triangular_Trees wrote:
... I have screen shots of everything...

This is just after you have publicly displayed your PM where you threaten that you will attack WrongPlanet, should anyone so much as warn you when you break rules. Does not that seem rather incongruous?

I freely admit that I got the date of my PM to you incorrect, and that I failed to find your one line, polite response to it. That establishes the fact that I'm not perfect.

I have no problem with you publishing my private message to you.

Everything else remains the same.

===============

ShadesOfMe wrote:
Lau, I don't think this post is very appropriate. I didn't think mod's were supposed to discuss bannings or bans that may have happened. or to insult people. This post seems very private, and I find it rather startling that you would think to post it for all to see instead of private message it. Sad

Re bans, read the rules. If you break the rules, you will be banned.

===============

TT spends a lot of time, publicly complaining about things that no one else has a problem with, and then ignoring all responses.

Ditto with you, SOM, with your public complaints about ...

I felt it entirely appropriate to respond publicly to a public accusation of failing to respond to members' requests, when none had been made.

===============

The title of this thread could do with a little rewording, from:
Quote:

to:
Quote:
Getting sick of the fantasized bigots and trolls on WP

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 12:57 pm

Excuse me?! I *have* read the rules, several times. I've been a member of this forum for 4 years, (since it began) and therefore know the rules very well. I find it interesting that you ignored what I said. It has been mentioned several times that it is not ok to discuss bannings. I thought that extended to bannings that *might* have happened, or almost did.

And what the hell are you talking about saying that i spend a lot of time complaining about things no one else cares about? I don't think you have any idea of what you are talking about.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 1:23 pm

Alex has been i nformed of you behavior Lau,

If you find it impossible to handle the responsibility of a mod, it is your job to step down from a mod position rather than attack posters who have valid concerns about this site, slander users, etc Your behavior in this thread shows beyond any doubt that you are incapable of handling such a responsibility and the issue of your behavior towards posters bringing up concerns about this site has been discussed in this forum numerous times before by many different posters, so this can't be accounted to any temporary external condition you may be experiencing.If you can't handle your responsibility of being a mod, and your replies here show you that you are completely incapable of handling such responsibility, you need to have the maturity to give your modship to someone who is able to handle being a mod and will react appropriately to situations that require mods to act modly, such as this one.

You have made several posts criticizing users who have brought up concerns about WP here. The only thing you've done that resembles helping meet these concerns is quote the procedures, telling the complaining members to follow them, even though no one's concerns in this thread would have been brought up if the procedures for getting mod-help actually worked to get mod help. After all, the big issue here is that those procedures don't work. What you haven't done, is made a single post in regards to dealing with those concerns or improving the site. In short, you've done exactly what your position here requires you to be able to not do at any time, and have not done anything that your position here requires you to do. It says a lot about your incapability of handling mod-dem when you only find it possible to attack and slander users in response to multiple posters having the same concerns and problems at the same time you are fully aware that your failing to handle the responsibility entrusted to you by Alex is visible to every member of WP, and guests too

As for your response above, my pm is on this page so anyone who reads it can tell you are still engaging in the trollish behavior of distorting the facts in order to slander me. There is no reason for me to respond to your trolling when anyone who cares to only needs to look up and see the truth of everything

*Also don't you find it incongrous that at the same time you are claiming I make no effort to contact the mods, you complain that I am making frequent posts in the discussion forum about issues that need to be brought up to the mods? - After all the link you like to quote so often about how to contact mods in order to avoid dealing with anyone's concerns tells people to post their concern in the discussion forum. So which is it? Am I not making any attempt to contact mods about issues, or am I following the rules for getting mod help and starting threads/responding to threads posted about suggestions for improving things on the site? It can't be both as you've previously told us just a few pages back that all the procedures listed for contacting mods were correct and would work, so anything posted here can be counted unequivocably as following the appropriate procedures for contacting a mod about an issue is to the way the site is being managed

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt74894.html

Last edited by Triangular_Trees on 11 Oct 2008, 3:06 am, edited 14 times in total.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 1:38 pm

lau wrote:
Quote:

to:
Quote:

You know, I take offense to that Lau, is that your opinion of me or anyone else on this site who has been victimized by the trolls on this site, I made this thread after having to deal with one of these protected resident trolls ( Ragtime). Its seem his like are a protected species here, while people who try to be a part of wrong planet are not to be taken seriously. This is my reason for bumping this thread, when I see a Troll Member like CentralFLM, who has obviously never read the rules, attack other members without being warned or banned, this is also my reason for not wanting to report trolls to the mods.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 2:05 pm

^^ How about a PM'ing a list of all the WP trolls and examples of their trollings to each of the moderators, instead of whinge-ing on endlessly?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 3:27 pm

Did I ask for your opinion, since it really has nothing to do you, I was asking Lau.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 3:49 pm

^^ Well, excuse me, Mister Moderator sir! I never for one moment gave it a thought that you might have intended a message posted in a public thread to be a Private Message for one specific person to read and reply to only, and for which there is a button clearly labelled "PM" below.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 4:13 pm

Look at who is quoted in my post, was it about or intended for a reply from you?
So don't be getting pissed off if your left out of matters that don't involve you.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 5:55 pm

spudnik wrote:
lau wrote:
Quote:

to:
Quote:

You know, I take offense to that Lau, is that your opinion of me or anyone else on this site who has been victimized by the trolls on this site, I made this thread after having to deal with one of these protected resident trolls ( Ragtime). Its seem his like are a protected species here, while people who try to be a part of wrong planet are not to be taken seriously. This is my reason for bumping this thread, when I see a Troll Member like CentralFLM, who has obviously never read the rules, attack other members without being warned or banned, this is also my reason for not wanting to report trolls to the mods.

I completely agree. That is very rude and insensitive. I don't think he is doing his job as a moderator. Someone made a thread asking why another thread was locked. and all he did was post a link to the rules, and lock that thread. So then I made a thread saying that the link to the rules didn't help me at all, and he just reposted the rules and locked my thread.

I'm feeling very upset. You have said some very offensive things here Lau, and I'm still waiting for an answer about how i go around complaining about things no one else cares about. Other members *do* care about what i care about. Your voice is not the only voice on here.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 10:07 am

This is one reason I haven't been around of late.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2008, 1:22 am

lau wrote:
Triangular_Trees wrote:
... I have screen shots of everything...

This is just after you have publicly displayed your PM where you threaten that you will attack WrongPlanet, should anyone so much as warn you when you break rules. Does not that seem rather incongruous?

I freely admit that I got the date of my PM to you incorrect, and that I failed to find your one line, polite response to it. That establishes the fact that I'm not perfect.

I have no problem with you publishing my private message to you.

Everything else remains the same.

===============

ShadesOfMe wrote:
Lau, I don't think this post is very appropriate. I didn't think mod's were supposed to discuss bannings or bans that may have happened. or to insult people. This post seems very private, and I find it rather startling that you would think to post it for all to see instead of private message it. Sad

Re bans, read the rules. If you break the rules, you will be banned.

===============

TT spends a lot of time, publicly complaining about things that no one else has a problem with, and then ignoring all responses.

Ditto with you, SOM, with your public complaints about ...

I felt it entirely appropriate to respond publicly to a public accusation of failing to respond to members' requests, when none had been made.

===============

Quote:

to:
Quote:

Is it any wonder though why members are complaining? You've completely distorted each person's post by slander and false responses as to what each member quoted in their post. It took me a while to read into what the hell you were talking about from TT and SOM and as it turned out, nothing. I don't understand why you as a mod have the right to publicly slander members like you've done and add insult. I haven't seen one member in this updated thread that has been derogatory or "trollish" enough to warrant such "trollish" responses by Ad Hominems.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2008, 9:42 pm

No wonder people don't trust authority anymore ;)

finrod
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Oct 2008, 9:48 pm

If people were banned for violating the site rules, Lau would have been banned by now

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 1:49 pm

finrod wrote:
If people were banned for violating the site rules, Lau would have been banned by now
Exactly. His posts here have all been exactly as MissConstrue said. They are all slanderous and hurtful. I feel he is abusing his powers as a moderator to get away with saying mean and hurtful things about other members.

This forum is supposed to be a save place for people to go, and Lau is making it feel very unsafe. I feel really uncomfortable with this, and i'm thinking of leaving. I really don't feel that comfortable here now.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 3:53 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
finrod wrote:
Exactly. His posts here have all been exactly as MissConstrue said. They are all slanderous and hurtful. I feel he is abusing his powers as a moderator to get away with saying mean and hurtful things about other members.

This forum is supposed to be a save place for people to go, and Lau is making it feel very unsafe. I feel really uncomfortable with this, and i'm thinking of leaving. I really don't feel that comfortable here now.

ShadesOfMe, you might want to look at your own posts and realize that when you step on other peoples toes, they react, and those reactions might be the cause of your being uncomfortable.

Merle