Getting sick of the bigots and trolls on WP

Page 7 of 10 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 4:22 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
ShadesOfMe, you might want to look at your own posts and realize that when you step on other peoples toes, they react, and those reactions might be the cause of your being uncomfortable.

Similar reactions that get someone warned and/or banned?

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 8:35 pm

The moderator concerned has made me feel very uncomfortable. How did I step on their toes?

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 11:57 am

sinsboldly wrote:
ShadesOfMe wrote:
finrod wrote:
If people were banned for violating the site rules, Lau would have been banned by now
Exactly. His posts here have all been exactly as MissConstrue said. They are all slanderous and hurtful. I feel he is abusing his powers as a moderator to get away with saying mean and hurtful things about other members.

This forum is supposed to be a save place for people to go, and Lau is making it feel very unsafe. I feel really uncomfortable with this, and i'm thinking of leaving. I really don't feel that comfortable here now.

ShadesOfMe, you might want to look at your own posts and realize that when you step on other peoples toes, they react, and those reactions might be the cause of your being uncomfortable.

Merle

How have I stepped on anyone's toes?!

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 7:17 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
ShadesOfMe wrote:
finrod wrote:
If people were banned for violating the site rules, Lau would have been banned by now
Exactly. His posts here have all been exactly as MissConstrue said. They are all slanderous and hurtful. I feel he is abusing his powers as a moderator to get away with saying mean and hurtful things about other members.

This forum is supposed to be a save place for people to go, and Lau is making it feel very unsafe. I feel really uncomfortable with this, and i'm thinking of leaving. I really don't feel that comfortable here now.

Merle

have you ever considered the tone of your requests for moderator services?

Merle

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 11:44 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
ShadesOfMe wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
ShadesOfMe wrote:
finrod wrote:

Merle

Merle

I have no idea what you are talking about. And i've only asked you for help once, and I've never asked Lau for anything.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 12:18 am

ShadesOfMe wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
ShadesOfMe wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
ShadesOfMe wrote:
finrod wrote:

Merle

Merle

I have no idea what you are talking about. And i've only asked you for help once, and I've never asked Lau for anything.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt78462.html

for example.

Merle

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 12:36 am

sinsboldly wrote:
ShadesOfMe wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
ShadesOfMe wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
ShadesOfMe wrote:
finrod wrote:

Merle

Merle

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt78462.html

for example.

Merle

Yes, and that's the only example you will find. That's the only time i've ever made a post using a word like hell in the title, and been so damn frustrated with the mods that I had to make a post like that. You cannot use one thread where I am upset as an example, when the vast majority of them do not have that tone at all.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 8:32 am

ShadesOfMe wrote:
Yes, and that's the only example you will find. That's the only time i've ever made a post using a word like hell in the title, and been so damn frustrated with the mods that I had to make a post like that. You cannot use one thread where I am upset as an example, when the vast majority of them do not have that tone at all.

First it was none, now it is the vast majority.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp1724915.html#1724915

Merle

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 1:10 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
ShadesOfMe wrote:

First it was none, now it is the vast majority.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp1724915.html#1724915

Merle

I see nothing wrong with my tone in that thread. And please stop taking my words out of context. You and Lau are acting completely inappropriate, and I'm not going to put up with it. I
m done with this thread.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 2:16 pm

There are a number of resident WP members who get their kicks by putting others down, but get away with it because they don't quite sink to the level of "trolls." I hate when that happens.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 3:21 pm

I've been thinking about responding to some people with, "How does it serve you to attempt to humiliate another member of this community?" The thing is, such people, like common bullies, are probably not introspective enough to know the answer.

- Emerson

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 3:26 pm

MrMark wrote:
The thing is, such people, like common bullies, are probably not introspective enough to know the answer.

True.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 1:45 am

I've noticed a distinct mark of ingratitude from many who posted in this thread.

On sabbatical...

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 7:43 am

Quatermass wrote:
I've noticed a distinct mark of ingratitude from many who posted in this thread.

Is that any surprise given how some mods in here are posting lies and distorting information to personally attack posters with concerns and completely ignoring the issues that are posted. Meanwhile no other mod is stepping in to help stop that behavior?

People are even less likely to thank someone for being a bully who needlessy attacks them than they are to thank someone who completely ignores them when they bring up something that is bothering them. Gratitude of others is something you earn, not something you are entitled to regardless of how you behave

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt74894.html

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 1:29 pm

seems a very nt way to act, hating those that do not think as you.

Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 4:06 pm

Eggman wrote:
seems a very nt way to act, hating those that do not think as you.

Do you realize that statement could be seen as a hypocrisy?