Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 3:11 pm

I can't post a reply to a thread in general discussion. It tells me "Sorry, you have been blocked. You are unable to access wrongplanet.net" (the message is from this page: posting.php?mode=reply&f=3&t=315553).

Obviously I am able to access wrongplanet.net and have made this post, but why can't I post in that thread?

Love transcends all.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 3:16 pm

Do you get that message when you click the reply button, or when you try to submit the post?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 3:21 pm

Perhaps that post was deleted before you could post a reply?

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 3:57 pm

TheAP wrote:
Do you get that message when you click the reply button, or when you try to submit the post?

When I try to preview it.

Love transcends all.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 3:58 pm

BTDT wrote:
Perhaps that post was deleted before you could post a reply?

No, it's still there. That's happened to me before, though, and I just got a message that said something like, "The requested post/topic doesn't exist" in the space where normally it would give you the two links to either return to the thread or to the forum the thread is in.

Love transcends all.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 4:01 pm

Okay, I just tried to preview a post to that thread and had no problems. But this kind of thing has happened before.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 6:23 pm

animalcrackers wrote:
I can't post a reply to a thread in general discussion. It tells me "Sorry, you have been blocked. You are unable to access wrongplanet.net" (the message is from this page: https://wrongplanet.net/forums/posting. ... 3&t=315553).

Obviously I am able to access wrongplanet.net and have made this post, but why can't I post in that thread?

You haven't been blocked or you wouldn't be able to post here. It's a bug that some people have experienced from time to time. I've experienced it once or twice and when I re-submit the post the second time it goes through.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 6:49 pm

Perhaps you could start a new thread?

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 2:28 pm

Wait a minute. What happened to animalcrackers? The last time he posted was in this thread and hasn't posted anything more. Is it possible that now he's unable to post on the site?

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 6:37 pm

Jono wrote:
Wait a minute. What happened to animalcrackers? The last time he posted was in this thread and hasn't posted anything more. Is it possible that now he's unable to post on the site?

Sorry guys, been really busy.

BTDT wrote:
Perhaps you could start a new thread?

That's a good idea.

Jono wrote:
You haven't been blocked or you wouldn't be able to post here. It's a bug that some people have experienced from time to time. I've experienced it once or twice and when I re-submit the post the second time it goes through.

Ah, okay. I tried a few times, but really close together.

......I wasn't careful about copying what I wrote somewhere else, and I am not yet feeling like trying to re-write it (took me ages) but I think I will try again later.

Love transcends all.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 10:45 pm

Copying it for later might help.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 2:49 pm

slw1990 wrote:
Copying it for later might help.

Normally I do, because I've lost huge amounts of writing on here so many times, but I forgot this time.

Love transcends all.