Old Account: Profile Information & Threads

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

LH42
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jul 2018, 10:51 am

I had an account here on WP (which I won't name publicly) long ago, used primarily when I was fourteen years old, which former moderator Cornflake kindly deactivated back in early 2013 at my request.

To say I'm deeply ashamed of some of the things that were posted would be a profound understatement. I'm now very worried because my birthdate, location and a telling profile image are still completely visible to the public.

Ideally, I'd like every damn trace of the account's existence eradicated, but I understand that this is probably an unreasonable request. However, I would desperately love for all profile information (avatar, gender, birthdate, age, location) to be removed, along with four threads, three of which are so utterly disgusting that they make me ashamed to be alive.

You might say that I simply shouldn't have posted such things in the first place, and you'd be correct, but if you can honestly tell me you possessed entirely sound judgement at the age of fourteen, you're a luckier human being than I.

I'd be willing to make a donation of £50 GBP via PayPal, either to Wrong Planet itself, or personally to whichever moderator does the job. Make it £100 for the total removal of all content. No word of a lie. It truly matters that much to me.

Could someone please help me out here? I'd be immensely grateful. :(

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 12:33 pm

Think I found your old account, it doesn't look too bad to me. I don't think deletion is an option, but you might ask mods to change the signature of your old account so people know they were the opinions of an angry teenager and you do not now endorse any views expressed.

LH42
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jul 2018, 12:53 pm

Mikah wrote:
Think I found your old account, it doesn't look too bad to me. I don't think deletion is an option, but you might ask mods to change the signature of your old account so people know they were the opinions of an angry teenager and you do not now endorse any views expressed.

That would be a good idea, but by far the most important thing would be the removal of the birthdate, location and avatar.

We all know how employers are these days. Online stalking is pretty much a standard part of the hiring process.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 12:57 pm

I wonder if that new Right to erasure/deletion might apply.