how to "unfollow" threads in "view my posts"?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 4:10 pm

Hi

There are several threads I posted on awhile back mostly random and forum games etc.
Would like to untag them from "view my posts" page since they are not really relevant for me to keep track of.
They constantly get updated (for years now!) and thus mask threads I just recently posted on that are far more relevant for me to find.

So an "unfollow" option like on FB would be really appreciated. Or maybe that thing already exists and I'd really appreciate if you could tell me how to do it.

Thanks

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 4:20 pm

haven't been able to find a way

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 6:06 pm

Kippy, do you know if any of the site's admins/mods can implement this feature? in my opinion this is gonna be relevant to many people, not just me, and shouldn't be extremely hard to do... I mean I obviously appreciate that this site is free, just tell me if I'm asking too much.

Edit: Off topic, who's that girl in your profile pic? got me curious!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 7:34 am

Read This Chummy viewtopic.php?f=13&t=167309&p=8060326#p8060326

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 10:52 am

SaveFerris wrote:

Looks actually useful, ty, but I don't see no X above no threads (or even users for that matter, none at all)...

couldn't figure out what's wrong.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 11:05 am

You'll have to speak to Soliloquist in that thread for troubleshooting , I don't use it

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 2:24 pm

Chummy wrote:
Kippy, do you know if any of the site's admins/mods can implement this feature? in my opinion this is gonna be relevant to many people, not just me, and shouldn't be extremely hard to do... I mean I obviously appreciate that this site is free, just tell me if I'm asking too much.

Edit: Off topic, who's that girl in your profile pic? got me curious!

they should be easy to implement in theory but i wouldn't hold my breath unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of resistance with regards to adding features to this site that aren't absolutely essential (though i would argue that this would be a VERY useful and needed feature). i don't think you're asking too much.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 7:58 pm

Do you mean “threads that I’m watching “? If so, go to your account, on the left there is manage my subscriptions. It will show the threads that you are watching. Tick off the one you don’t want to follow any more. Go to the bottom of the list and click unsubscribe.

Those are the only threads I get reminders of, but then again while I’ve commented on threads I don’t think I’ve started one yet!

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 5:21 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
Do you mean “threads that I’m watching “? If so, go to your account, on the left there is manage my subscriptions. It will show the threads that you are watching. Tick off the one you don’t want to follow any more. Go to the bottom of the list and click unsubscribe.

Those are the only threads I get reminders of, but then again while I’ve commented on threads I don’t think I’ve started one yet!

Hey Anne, it says on that menu I'm not subbed to any threads :( ... I was talking about the list in "view my posts" which kip answered, and apparently is not related to "subscribed threads" (didn't know that kind of thing exists but I don't go here to often to justify the hassle of having to sub)

Kip you still haven't answered my question. I just see the enlarged photo but I don't recognize the woman as my knowledge of art or personalities is not vast. :wink:

Edit: wait Kip are you a girl? LOL I always thought you were a dude XD

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 7:07 pm

Yeah, I had looked under the view my posts list and couldn’t see any way to follow let alone follow, so I thought maybe it was the subscribed list. I usually “subscribe” by accident and then catch on when I start getting the emails. Sorry I couldn’t help!

I just looked at “my account “ again and under “board preferences” you can set, under edit posting defaults, a default to be notified or not notified of all replies. Perhaps that is it. I had set mine to no.