Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 7:49 am

It is damp and misty outside so that means slow internet. I went to sign in this morning and it said "Account blocked". However, I came to sign in this afternoon after taking my mum shopping and it works fine and was already logged in. Quite often after I log out it does not log out as I am still signed in, but this could be the slow internet here which has a signal that goss on and off as it feels like it. It is not a contant signal. We are in a rural area so in the past, thouhh my mum pays for having the internet, we may only get it a few months a year, but the last few years they have vastly improved things so it is rare to get a day when we don't get the internet. Anyway. I thought I would let anyone know that my account is still working....
I often get the things where I have to press those little pitcure thingies like "Find the traffic lights"... I rather enjoy doing them, but there was a really puzzling one which had me stumped. It said "Click on the pictures that show a crosswalk". Ummm. What's a crosswalk? Not heard that term before! I just clicked on any picture that had white lines on the road and it worked so they must be those white lines! Haha! :lol:

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 11:36 am

Zebra crossing I'm guessing is a crosswalk :D

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 11:39 am

I worked that out after a little while.. At first I was thinking "A what?"

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2019, 11:38 am

If you wanna login instead of waiting for the block to leave...

Just try to go to the Member's Only Discussion, login there as prompted. It worked with here when my account was supposedly blocked.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2019, 1:17 pm

I think a day or two ago the internet went very slow and I got blocked again. I must have filled in the form thing several times so appologies to whoever gets them.
I eventually managed to sign back in by going to the email and looking at a PM message that someone had given and pressed the link for seeing the PM. It may just be co-incidence that I happened to do this as someone on this site unblocked my account? No idea!

d057
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 10:26 am

It just happened to me. I was using Google Chrome and I tried to log in from my computer. I was previously using the site from my phone. Maybe it has something to do with more than one device logging onto your account from the same wireless network? I am using Firefox now and it is working just fine.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 2:33 pm

I tried to log in to make a post while using a public library computer earlier today. It wouldn't let me in, and asked for details of my email account, apparently as an anti-spamming measure. I've no idea whether this is the same phenomenon as referred to by other posters above, or whether it was something to do with the library's internal procedures. Anyway, it seemed a bit intrusive, and I decided not to proceed.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 2:40 pm

DeepHour wrote:
I tried to log in to make a post while using a public library computer earlier today. It wouldn't let me in, and asked for details of my email account, apparently as an anti-spamming measure. I've no idea whether this is the same phenomenon as referred to by other posters above, or whether it was something to do with the library's internal procedures. Anyway, it seemed a bit intrusive, and I decided not to proceed.

Was the exact notice I had... :) It happens to me when the internet signal is on a go slow or is intermittent.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jun 2019, 4:50 pm

I've also had this. Since then, I've tried updating all the information. I know that Alex is trying out anti spam measures in order to ban intruders from performing acts deemed too explicit, rude and self opinionated in some of the cases of what has been mentioned and seen here but, I'd wish he was here more often, just to offer more impartial or administrative feedback to the countless questions that people want individual answers to.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jun 2019, 12:12 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I often get the things where I have to press those little pitcure thingies like "Find the traffic lights"... I rather enjoy doing them, but there was a really puzzling one which had me stumped. It said "Click on the pictures that show a crosswalk". Ummm. What's a crosswalk? Not heard that term before! I just clicked on any picture that had white lines on the road and it worked so they must be those white lines! Haha! :lol:

I really hate these Captchas, they're worse than the old "squiggly line word" ones because they require you to be knowledgable of American life.

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jun 2019, 7:13 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

I really hate these Captchas, they're worse than the old "squiggly line word" ones because they require you to be knowledgable of American life.

Isn't that the point of making everyone watch our movies and things?