Page 23 of 162 [ 2587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 162  Next

B.Sisko
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Aug 2020, 7:48 pm

Quote:
Quote:
It was more of a case where "evidence please" is commonly used by member(s) which could equally be seen to fit within the "gaslighting" description because it can be substituted with "I never said that", "What are you talking about", "You're remembering things wrong" or several others in the image.

There's a bunch of snarky memes that posters will use as responses rather than contributing something more meaningful. That's just one of them but we should all strive to be better than resorting to those sorts of thought-terminating responses.

i will rephrase my last question to you then

i did not know it was a meme

can you cite an example of the white supremacy displayed by the member Sly279

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 7:49 pm

B.Sisko wrote:
Quote:
1. You can post with quotes.  Click on the "Select BBCode".  Click on "Quote Text".  Type or paste your quote between the first right square bracket ("]") and the second left square bracket ("[").

2. Prejudice ("Pre-Judgement") is an expression of racism and other forms of bigotry.

thanks

i was taught that by definition people of colour cannot be racist

Anyone can be racist...
Quote:
racism rā′sĭz″əm►

n.
The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
n.
Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
n.
The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes.

By definition, racism involves the belief that there is a difference between races and that one is better (or worse) than another. The race of the person with the belief and the race they believe is superior (or has certain atributes that differ from another) are immaterial to this.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 7:52 pm

B.Sisko wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
It was more of a case where "evidence please" is commonly used by member(s) which could equally be seen to fit within the "gaslighting" description because it can be substituted with "I never said that", "What are you talking about", "You're remembering things wrong" or several others in the image.

There's a bunch of snarky memes that posters will use as responses rather than contributing something more meaningful. That's just one of them but we should all strive to be better than resorting to those sorts of thought-terminating responses.

I'm certain if I dig I will find posts where he is expressing the notion that the concerns of communities impacted by police regularly using excessive force against them are illegitimate because of negative stereotypes cited as facts. No, I will not waste my evening doing this because I have better things to do with my last hour of Civic Holiday before I start another week of ten-hour days in a miserable factory. Persuading you isn't exactly a priority of mine.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 8:00 pm

sly279 made the point:

sly279 wrote:
Calling people names and slures isn’t disagreeing with people. Or is is it ok ever time I disagree with woman here to call them a slut or b***h, or c**t?

People here are actively constantly violating the rules. Sorry calling people you disagree with nazi, white supremist, dog with fleas, etc isn’t “just disagreeing.

It’s exactly what the rules forbid.

Anyone who is in here covering for and making excuses for such behavior is just as bad as those who do it.

His point is valid.

--------------------
funeralxempire then responded:

funeralxempire wrote:
If someone consistently puts the interests and concerns of white people ahead of those of other people is it unfair to refer to that person as a white supremacist when they meet the definition? Acting insulted to be described by a label that one meets the definition of is dishonest and an example of gaslighting.

No, that is not a valid definition. It is a definition you made up to justify name calling, which is a stated offense on this website.

---------------------------------------------------
B.Sisko then stepped in and gave a textbook definition for "white supremacy".

B.Sisko wrote:
White supremacy is a term used to characterize various belief systems central to which are one or more of the following key tenets: 1) whites should have dominance over people of other backgrounds, especially where they may co-exist; 2) whites should live by themselves in a whites-only society; 3) white people have their own "culture" that is superior to other cultures; 4) white people are genetically superior to other people. As a full-fledged ideology, white supremacy is far more encompassing than simple racism or bigotry. Most white supremacists today further believe that the white race is in danger of extinction due to a rising “flood” of non-whites, who are controlled and manipulated by Jews, and that imminent action is need to “save” the white race.

-----------------------------------------------------
funeralxempire then responded:

funeralxempire wrote:
One doesn't need to be a card-carrying member of a white supremacist organization to be a white supremacist, if one consistently argues in favour of placing the interests of whites ahead of others that's adequate enough for the term to be applicable. Raising the bar to avoid offending those who might otherwise meet the definition seems like backing away to avoid having to call a spade a spade.

It sounds like you are making up your definition on the fly to justify your name calling.

--------------------------------------------------
At this point B.Sisko used a line made famous by Fnord:

B.Sisko wrote:
evidence , please

---------------------------------------------------
Rather than provide evidence to back up your assertions, funeralxempire response was one of deflection:
Quote:
Did you have a rebuttal or just that meme?

Quote:
You've never seen people express the idea that these issues shouldn't be taken seriously and are the fault of the communities dealing with them because (insert negative stereotype here)? You must not spend much time in PPR.

Quote:
I'm not sure Sisko was being a bully or gaslighting me, he may be genuinely unfamiliar with the board.

So funeralxempire response to B.Sisko when he asked for evidence to back up his interpretation of the definition of white supremacy was to accuse B.Sisko or either being a bully or a gaslighter and also someone who was so stupid or naive to not understand how this board works!

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 8:02 pm

B.Sisko wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I haven't seen any (he is (was?)) one of the least offensive posters in the News or PPR sections.

The problem is that (it seems to me) if you're not 100% behind BLM (or similar), you get labelled as "white supremecist" there, even if you differ only slightly in the reasoning (should the protest be about people of one race dieing in such a way, or about ANY person, regardless of race), or methods (complaining about the riots/vandalism/looting).

At one point, it was even considered "racist" by a member here to point out that the federal officers only went into Portland (?) because the local police were not defending federal property and would likely leave if the attacks stopped or the local police took over the protection of the property.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 8:07 pm

B.Sisko wrote:
i cannot post with quotes but i think you are referring to prejudice not racism

but yes i would speak out on it

but i would not fight prejudice with something that could be mistaken for racism

Edit to say: i 'quoted' the wrong post so it makes no sense. This was meant to be a response to quote of Sisko saying' i was taught people of color cannot be racist'

In gr 4 in one of my schools in Canada there was a girl called Alanna who was black as was my friend Renee Harty and her friend whose name Ive forgotten..

I wd hang out with these girls , who would give me roles to play as they pretended we were a band oike Josie n the pussycats..

but also would spend recess with Kiran (i split my recess time between them) another girl in my class who was HEAVILY bullied inc being pelted with sticks pinecones n rocks during recess by Alanna and her friends.

Anyway it inc.racist slurs (Kirans bullies)
Once when these b!tches who made Kirans life in and out of the xlassroom hell. Never EVER got told off. 3 white blond blue eyed and 1 brown haired white girl and 1 black girl.

Anyway once a lot of kids not in their clique (which included other kids, boys. Who wd also lie and bully kiran and I if I happened to be with her)
saw them doing it (throwing things n xhasing after Kiran and I screaming insults) and reported it to the teacher. Usually reporting to playground monitors was useless as they were immigrant parents volunteering and these b!tches would scream insults at them and run off and the teacher would never tell em off. Ever.

Anyway this time enough kids saw and reported and it was confirmed by playground monitors--they all reported them that the teacher (who regularly saw their bullying in and out of class) had to come these girls were in actual trouble and favouritism couldnt get them out for once..
They concocted a lie that Kiran was yelling racist comments at them (Kiran who barely knew English!! ) and they were just retaliating.

Thank God my 'mutism' didnt kick in (it never does when im enraged on someone else's behalf) and I stated they do it every recess at least 1 time per recess and we never speak to them etc and Kiran doesn't know English to even say what these creatures said she had.

But yeah. She was of colour and a racist little monster.

Edit to add their moms encouraged it as one of them Ashley yold me after class (i hadnt spoken to ger she just started saying things her parents had told her to do including 'getting these girls in trouble if you have to' which obviously meabs lying

. The Pixie Club it was called.. created by their moms who - Ashleys mom- made special badges n stuff fr them- anyway parents exist who actually tell their kids, behind closed doors, to target kids in their class. In case ppl didnt know)

Last edited by blooiejagwa on 03 Aug 2020, 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

B.Sisko
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Aug 2020, 8:07 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
B.Sisko wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm certain if I dig I will find posts where he is expressing the notion that the concerns of communities impacted by police regularly using excessive force against them are illegitimate because of negative stereotypes cited as facts. No, I will not waste my evening doing this because I have better things to do with my last hour of Civic Holiday before I start another week of ten-hour days in a miserable factory. Persuading you isn't exactly a priority of mine.

ok i understand

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 8:08 pm

jimmy m wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
If someone consistently puts the interests and concerns of white people ahead of those of other people is it unfair to refer to that person as a white supremacist when they meet the definition? Acting insulted to be described by a label that one meets the definition of is dishonest and an example of gaslighting.

No, that is not a valid definition. It is a definition you made up to justify name calling, which is a stated offense on this website.

funeralxempire wrote:
One doesn't need to be a card-carrying member of a white supremacist organization to be a white supremacist, if one consistently argues in favour of placing the interests of whites ahead of others that's adequate enough for the term to be applicable. Raising the bar to avoid offending those who might otherwise meet the definition seems like backing away to avoid having to call a spade a spade.

It sounds like you are making up your definition on the fly to justify your name calling.

It sounds like you've confused not liking the definition with it being invalid.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 8:16 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
jimmy m wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

funeralxempire wrote:

Nope. Not confused at all.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 8:20 pm

O i forgot to add that these bullies when they said (lied) that Kiran had been yelling racist things they were saying that she was saying racist tgings yo Alanna, specifically.
Y
And they were relying on Kirans consistent 'selective mutism' which included her becoming numb not moving or burstibg into tears but unable to speak.

This was what normally happened with Kiran --
They had gotten away before using such tactics in other situations when caught bullying--

they thought they cd say anything and get away with the blame shifting and gaslighting..

Kiran displayed clear autism more than any other kid in a "normal" class that I've seen..they had not counted on ME speaking up for her.

They tried to drown out my voice too by shouting that I was a 'liar'... First of many tastes of gaslighting in my life. They received no punishment/consequence but a'warning' after which kiran was left free duribg recess though still targeted physically..emotionally.. all other times by these creatures... Struggling to call them children...monsters they were to us but moreso kiran who was so traumatized

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 8:27 pm

jimmy m wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
jimmy m wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

funeralxempire wrote:

If you google 'white supremacy', the definition is as follows:

I wont make any claims to the character of other members, but funeralxempires definition is valid interpretation. It is an expansion of the phrase 'dominate society'.

B.Sisko
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Aug 2020, 8:32 pm

Quote:

In gr 4 in one of my schools in Canada there was a girl called Alanna who was black as was my friend Renee Harty and her friend whose name Ive forgotten..

I wd hang out with these girls , who would give me roles to play as they pretended we were a band oike Josie n the pussycats..

but also would spend recess with Kiran (i split my recess time between them) another girl in my class who was HEAVILY bullied inc being pelted with sticks pinecones n rocks during recess by Alanna and her friends.

Anyway it inc.racist slurs (Kirans bullies)
Once when these b!tches who made Kirans life in and out of the xlassroom hell. Never EVER got told off. 3 white blond blue eyed and 1 brown haired white girl and 1 black girl.

Anyway once a lot of kids not in their clique (which included other kids, boys. Who wd also lie and bully kiran and I if I happened to be with her)
saw them doing it (throwing things n xhasing after Kiran and I screaming insults) and reported it to the teacher. Usually reporting to playground monitors was useless as they were immigrant parents volunteering and these b!tches would scream insults at them and run off and the teacher would never tell em off. Ever.

Anyway this time enough kids saw and reported and it was confirmed by playground monitors--they all reported them that the teacher (who regularly saw their bullying in and out of class) had to come these girls were in actual trouble and favouritism couldnt get them out for once..
They concocted a lie that Kiran was yelling racist comments at them (Kiran who barely knew English!! ) and they were just retaliating.

Thank God my 'mutism' didnt kick in (it never does when im enraged on someone else's behalf) and I stated they do it every recess at least 1 time per recess and we never speak to them etc and Kiran doesn't know English to even say what these creatures said she had.

But yeah. She was of colour and a racist little monster.

Edit to add their moms encouraged it as one of them Ashley yold me after class (i hadnt spoken to ger she just started saying things her parents had told her to do including 'getting these girls in trouble if you have to' which obviously meabs lying

. The Pixie Club it was called.. created by their moms who - Ashleys mom- made special badges n stuff fr them- anyway parents exist who actually tell their kids, behind closed doors, to target kids in their class. In case ppl didnt know)

that is truly repulsive

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 8:33 pm

B.Sisko wrote:
Quote:
1. You can post with quotes.  Click on the "Select BBCode".  Click on "Quote Text".  Type or paste your quote between the first right square bracket ("]") and the second left square bracket ("[").

2. Prejudice ("Pre-Judgement") is an expression of racism and other forms of bigotry.

thanks

i was taught that by definition people of colour cannot be racist

Past 2 posts of mine were in response to this

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 8:49 pm

Feyokien wrote:
jimmy m wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
jimmy m wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

funeralxempire wrote:

I wont make any claims to the character of other members, but funeralxempires definition is valid interpretation. It is an expansion of the phrase 'dominate society'.

The problem is that "placing the interests of whites ahead of others" is often used as another way of saying "disagrees with what I think is best".

The "placing the interests of whites ahead of others" definition of "white supremecy" has been used in the past against posts where it was clearly stated that all races should be treated equally, and is actually a subjective assumption of another members beliefs, rather than an objective summary of what was presented.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 8:53 pm

Brictoria wrote:
The problem is that "placing the interests of whites ahead of others" is often used as another way of saying "disagrees with what I think is best".

That would appear to be a dishonest misinterpretation.

Brictoria wrote:
The "placing the interests of whites ahead of others" definition of "white supremecy" has been used in the past against posts where it was clearly stated that all races should be treated equally, and is actually a subjective assumption of another members beliefs, rather than an objective summary of what was presented.

You mean you were reminded that some communities face issues that other communities don't and that ignoring this reality would continue to place some people's interests behind those of others?

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Last edited by funeralxempire on 03 Aug 2020, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 8:59 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Feyokien wrote:

The interpretation of others behavior is another story, I was just discussing the validity of the plain speech definition.