Page 67 of 162 [ 2587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 162  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Aug 2020, 8:32 am

Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:
It will be interesting to see if the new mods will include those with more maturity and have a lesser politically left-wing orientation.
It will be equally interesting to see how many of the new mods reveal their "true colors" once they are in power.
Quite frightening when said that way but you're uncomfortably right!

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 8:34 am

envirozentinel wrote:
He wouldn't do anything he doesn't get paid for...
Then as a moderator, he (DJT) would do nothing except express his personal opinions in every thread possible.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Aug 2020, 8:50 am

He'd be banned pretty quickly. :twisted:

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 8:55 am

magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:
It will be interesting to see if the new mods will include those with more maturity and have a lesser politically left-wing orientation.
It will be equally interesting to see how many of the new mods reveal their "true colors" once they are in power.
I expect at least one new moderator to try to make a public case for banning his or her least-favorite member(s).

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 8:57 am

Fnord wrote:
I expect at least one new moderator to try to make a public case for banning his or her least-favorite member(s).
But how could a case be made unless one of the Rules has been broken? Isn't that what the Rules are for? If a Rule is broken, no case has to be made.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 9:02 am

Fnord wrote:
magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:

It's not going to be public :wink: - if it happens, that is.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 9:05 am

Steve1963 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
But how could a case be made unless one of the Rules has been broken? Isn't that what the Rules are for? If a Rule is broken, no case has to be made.
How?  How about something like...

"Because I AM A MODERATOR...
... and I SAID SO!!"

BUHUWAHAHAHAHA!! :skull:

(... said by no current moderator, ever.)

Last edited by Fnord on 19 Aug 2020, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 9:06 am

^so you think you might be a moderator then? :P

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 9:08 am

Steve1963 wrote:
^so you think you might be a moderator then?
Geez ... talk about jumping to conclusions!  What ever gave you THAT idea?

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 9:10 am

this place would be a ghost town if that happened :wink:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 9:14 am

Steve1963 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Being that bans need to be made based around rules, it sounds like Fnord may have a premonition of a member (or members) who have been breaching them without penalty finally being caught up with...

I wonder if he has any potential "victims" he would care to share the name of with the rest of us, just so we can be aware of why they potentially go silent...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 9:25 am

Brictoria wrote:
Steve1963 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Being that bans need to be made based around rules, it sounds like Fnord may have a premonition of a member (or members) who have been breaching them without penalty finally being caught up with...

I wonder if he has any potential "victims" he would care to share the name of with the rest of us, just so we can be aware of why they potentially go silent...
A person who publicly shared such a list (if such a list exists) might draw the attention of the new moderators...

... especially if any of the distinguished moderators' names were to appear on such a (non-existent) list.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 10:01 am

Fnord wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:
^I want a layer of caramel please!
Personally, I prefer chocolate; but to each their own!

How about a Mars Bar, would you both be happy? That's my favourite. Frozen and nibbled.

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 10:32 am

Fnord wrote:
magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I publicly banned you as well as the entire mod team ( for 20 mins or so ) , it's not something I knew would stand. I doubt anyone else would be that stupid. I suggest you get an email off one of the mods if you fear you may be targeted.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 10:39 am

Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I publicly banned you as well as the entire mod team ( for 20 mins or so ) , it's not something I knew would stand. I doubt anyone else would be that stupid. I suggest you get an email off one of the mods if you fear you may be targeted.

Then again, "Those who have done nothing wrong have nothing to fear", so he probably doesn't need to worry about being targetted does he...

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 10:43 am

Brictoria wrote:
Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Then again, "Those who have done nothing wrong have nothing to fear", so he probably doesn't need to worry about being targetted does he...

I would say no , potential moderators are vetted by mods and Alex so bias , conflict and past history is taken into consideration