How we deal with racism and hate speech on Wrong Planet

Page 15 of 19 [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 7:36 am

Teach51 wrote:
domineekee wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:
This really isn't complicated and shouldn't be controversial. Racist words are not to be used, racist imagery is not to be used.

+1

Teach51 wrote:
Hmm...welcome to la la land.

Teach! You're using Ferris's expressions now? WTF dude!

I hold the opposite view, maybe I'm in a minority of one or maybe I'm part of the silent majority, it's hard to ascertain in the current climate of heckling.

I don't take issue with the guidelines or see the need to pull them apart with hypotheticals, they're clearly taylored to the problems we're facing and other issues can be dealt with if and when they arise, which frankly seems very unlikely.

Lol I didn't know this is Ferris's expression :lol:
I think Californian air can make some people suffer from hyper-liberalism that is so extreme that it becomes toxic and intolerant of opposing views.

Cultural waves baby, sink, swim or sidestep 8)

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 7:39 am

domineekee wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
domineekee wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:
This really isn't complicated and shouldn't be controversial. Racist words are not to be used, racist imagery is not to be used.

+1

Teach51 wrote:

I hold the opposite view, maybe I'm in a minority of one or maybe I'm part of the silent majority, it's hard to ascertain in the current climate of heckling.

I don't take issue with the guidelines or see the need to pull them apart with hypotheticals, they're clearly taylored to the problems we're facing and other issues can be dealt with if and when they arise, which frankly seems very unlikely.

Lol I didn't know this is Ferris's expression :lol:
I think Californian air can make some people suffer from hyper-liberalism that is so extreme that it becomes toxic and intolerant of opposing views.

Cultural waves baby, sink, swim or sidestep 8)

Avoid and reject is more like it. :roll:

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 7:40 am

Rebuke and repudiate.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 7:41 am

Skilpadde wrote:

It's very complicated.

We can be our own lexicographers regarding the term "racist", so a MAGA hat might be racist imagery to one person, and not to another.

Be the hero of your life.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 7:43 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
It still amazes me that Americans continue to call it liberal, when it is so far removed from that concept that it's laughable.

Truth. But since the people who do that tend to not only be liberals, but really vocal as well, it's seen that way. *shrugs*

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 7:45 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
It still amazes me that Americans continue to call it liberal, when it is so far removed from that concept that it's laughable.

I couldn't agree more my dear friend, though It's not laughable it's tragic. Politics and intolerance of opposing points of view will be the downfall of America. I can't distinguish between the far left and fascism anymore truth be told.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 7:47 am

Teach51 wrote:
[
So, hypothetically, a member can call another member a racist 24/7 with no repercussions whatsoever with no substantial evidence? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope someone addresses this.

Be the hero of your life.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 7:50 am

Magz I think that you are a very special, rare, humane and wise person and I hope that your walk in the forest is helping you to find your equilibrium and inner peace. I understand you because I have been battling with my conscience as you have. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 7:55 am

Teach51 wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

I couldn't agree more my dear friend, though It's not laughable it's tragic. Politics and intolerance of opposing points of view will be the downfall of America. I can't distinguish between the far left and fascism anymore truth be told.

All of the above points may very well be the case but as we have already seen, having so little to bargain with you may get more than you bargain for.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 7:58 am

I got my threads totally confused for a minute :roll: Sorry. I thought this was magz new thread. Maybe she needs support there guys? :?:

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 9:53 am

domineekee wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:

+1

Teach51 wrote:

Your personal bias is showing :lol: , Ferris did not coin the phrase La La Land it is a nickname for Los Angeles California

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 9:56 am

LaLaLand wrote:
domineekee wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:

+1

Teach51 wrote:

Your personal bias is showing :lol: , Ferris did not coin the phrase La La Land it is a nickname for Los Angeles California

Lol that's what I meant, but I don't mind following in the ferrets' footsteps. :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 9:56 am

LaLaLand wrote:
... Ferris did not coin the phrase La La Land it is a nickname for Los Angeles California
I thought Laaland, Denmark had that honor.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 9:59 am

Teach51 wrote:
It's not laughable it's tragic.

"A tragedy is merely a comedy where the audience understands the consequences." —Samuel Drest, playwright (fictional)

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 10:01 am

Teach51 wrote:
LaLaLand wrote:
domineekee wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:

+1

Teach51 wrote:

Lol that's what I meant, but I don't mind following in the ferrets' footsteps. :D

Ferris is no role model , he has multiple permabans , you shouldn't even mention his name , he is too insultive to be a member.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 10:06 am

"You have enemies? Why, it is the story of every man who has done a great deed or created a new idea. It is the cloud which thunders around everything that shines. Fame must have enemies, as light must have gnats. Do not bother yourself about it; disdain. Keep your mind serene as you keep your life clear."

-Victor Hugo, "Villemain"