Getting sick of the bigots and trolls on WP

Page 2 of 10 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 2:13 pm

I am glad I have never heard or read his posts, I just can't deal with people like that, I am only here for support and to learn, some of the topics are to disturbing, they can't be coming from a rational minds.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 2:17 pm

Oh, oh, me, am I one?

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 2:33 pm

Goto AFF. There, anything you say which amounts to a generalization about any "group" will immediately get you slapped with the *biggot* label. :roll: However, I TOO am pretty sick of the damn Trolls :x .

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 2:36 pm

Can't take the heat, stay out of the PPR forum :roll:

bheid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2008, 2:37 pm

D1nk0 wrote:
Goto AFF. There, anything you say which amounts to a generalization about any "group" will immediately get you slapped with the *biggot* label. :roll: However, I TOO am pretty sick of the damn Trolls :x .

Name names! it'll be funny to search their posts, and the curiousity is gnawing me through. :P

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 2:48 pm

I don't know if I have the coping mechanism or communication skills to deal with it, but some of the flaming name calling is a bit to much, I really don't want to deal with these people, because they are never wrong in their view. I was so happy to find this site, but am not sure its the right planet for me, I feel like to much of an outsider anywhere I go

Last edited by spudnik on 25 Apr 2008, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 2:51 pm

lelia wrote:
Oh, oh, me, am I one?

Flame throwers topic

Lelia, you switch on everyone's heart light! :heart: :cheers:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 2:56 pm

The bigots must post here when I'm sleeping, because I haven't seen any.

bheid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2008, 2:56 pm

Wait! I could be doing an Oedipus trying to wring out names! I could be the king's murderer! :lol:

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 3:00 pm

twoshots wrote:
Can't take the heat, stay out of the PPR forum :roll:

Heh. That came off as a little too caustic for a thread of this nature ;P

What I mean to say is while down with trolls (:thumbdown:), I think I know what you're refering to on the subject of bigotry and it seems fairly well restricted to the PPR forum where it can be addressed in a rational and productive fashion. A lot of the "these threads should be shut down" responses I think are uncalled for; there's no need to stifle frank dialog. Everyone can benefit from careful scrutiny of their most cherished ideas.

DevonB
Toucan
Toucan

25 Apr 2008, 3:03 pm

Wow, except for the one time that someone snapped on line (and really, I don't blame him...he was dealing with some obsessive issues...poor guy), I haven't seen much of it here. Maybe I'm just not reading enough forums.

I think most people need support and compassion. Just because I don't show emotion on my face doesn't mean I don't feel it for people.

I don't know how many people run the place, but it must be hard to read all the posts.

craola
Toucan
Toucan

25 Apr 2008, 3:12 pm

Umm. I haven't been here long, and so no one noes me, but I hope I am none of these things, however I do not really understand 'trolling' or being a 'troll' I thought they were mythical beasts :oops:
Im sorry >.<

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 3:17 pm

spudnik wrote:
I am getting sick of the bigots and trolls on WP, all the flame wars to do with religion, race, or just being a pricks in general, before I get flamed for saying this, its only a very few members here that seem to be getting away with saying what ever they want, with out any consequences

If you don't like what you reading, don't read it at all.

bheid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2008, 3:17 pm

craola wrote:
Umm. I haven't been here long, and so no one noes me, but I hope I am none of these things, however I do not really understand 'trolling' or being a 'troll' I thought they were mythical beasts :oops:
Im sorry >.<

Trolls are trouble makers that laugh at the reaction they cause in the forum. (ours are in bouts of hilarity watching this thread, hence the epression: "Don't feed the trolls!"
There are two sub-species of trolls:
The first is simple and easy to remove. this is the type that makes a thread insulting the entire community, which vanishes in two seconds and the troll is ip banned forever.
The second is more insidious. It exists to create strife within the forum, often between two innocent members themselves. It will often invoke Godwin's law and derail an interesting debate. It defends itself with the letter of the law and not the spirit. Witch hunts are called after this sub-species, and sometimes innocents are banned.

I hope this arms you with knowledge. :wink:

craola
Toucan
Toucan

25 Apr 2008, 3:24 pm

Oh thank you!

I have learned something :)

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 3:41 pm

spudnik wrote:
I am getting sick of the bigots and trolls on WP, all the flame wars to do with religion, race, or just being a pricks in general, before I get flamed for saying this, its only a very few members here that seem to be getting away with saying what ever they want, with out any consequences

So why do I have no private messages regarding your concerns?

- Emerson