Getting sick of the bigots and trolls on WP

Page 5 of 10 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 7:58 am

Triangular_Trees wrote:
But though I'm employed the strategies said in here, I've yet to see any of the methods for reporting in trolls resulting in anything other than the reporting member being completely ignored minus a few rare exceptionsh - or in the case of posting in a thread about the issue, not dealt with until a few weeks afterward.

I don't believe I have any PMs from reporting trolls.

- Emerson

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 8:18 am

MrMark wrote:
Triangular_Trees wrote:
But though I'm employed the strategies said in here, I've yet to see any of the methods for reporting in trolls resulting in anything other than the reporting member being completely ignored minus a few rare exceptionsh - or in the case of posting in a thread about the issue, not dealt with until a few weeks afterward.

I sent you an Im yesterday - there was no response

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt74894.html

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 8:31 am

Triangular_Trees wrote:
MrMark wrote:
Triangular_Trees wrote:

I sent you an Im yesterday - there was no response

1. That's not true. I asked you a question and you did not respond.
2. You didn't give me the username of a suspected troll.

- Emerson

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 8:36 am

Quote:

I received no question from you.

I didn't see a reason to provide a username as the thread title showed enough for it to warrant attention. Especially as I've seen warnings and deletions given for much less that (and if I'm not mistaken by you though i'd have to check to verify that)

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 8:43 am

Triangular_Trees wrote:
Quote:

I received no question from you.

I didn't see a reason to provide a username as the thread title showed enough for it to warrant attention. Especially as I've seen warnings and deletions given for much less that (and if I'm not mistaken by you though i'd have to check to verify that)

I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about. If you aren't specific about the trolls & bigots that you're sick & tired of, then I don't know whose posts you want me to review.

- Emerson

lau
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 10:43 am

I think I'm getting the gist, here.

=============

I have saved every PM I have ever sent or received since I joined WP.

Triangular_Trees. You have never sent me a single PM.

Conversely, I have sent you exactly one PM.

This was in March, when you were expecting to be banned for some of your unacceptable behaviour. I sent you a reassurance that we would be lenient, as you had been reacting to a real troll's attack. I even offered to perform some cosmetic surgery on a thread of yours that had been removed from public view, as a result of the excessive trolling on it.

You chose to ignore me. I have only noticed this now - how impolite you were.

===========

Around that time, you started touting the ridiculous idea in your signature: that you would expect everyone else to put up with your outbursts. Be assured that we have not taken, and will not take, any notice of that. You are expected to adhere to the rules. If you don't, you will be banned - even if the people you attack happen to read your excuse thread and chose not to complain.

============

Now you seem to be accusing all and sundry on the board of being trolls, but without offering up a single name. Maybe we should just treat this as a personal attack on all other members, and ban you? It would probably cure the problem.

We know that not everyone gets along with everyone else, all the time. You seem to imply that you never get along with anyone else. If that is the case, I don't see that we can accommodate you.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2008, 2:13 am

Sorry for not getting back sooner, I was referring to [username removed by lau] for his name calling a general rudeness to other members

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2008, 5:50 am

...and there's that famous rude user with a green avatar of Link in Zelda Twilight and has a french nickname, something like Le [french reference to excretory function removed by lau]? ...who the hell is this guy? Not sure , but they say that he's very troll and rude and something like that.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2008, 9:34 am

spudnik wrote:
Sorry for not getting back sooner, I was referring to [username removed by lau] for his name calling a general rudeness to other members

MODERATOR ATTENTION: how to get help when you need it

lau
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2008, 9:35 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
...and there's that famous rude user with a green avatar of Link in Zelda Twilight and has a french nickname, something like Le [french reference to excretory function removed by lau]? ...who the hell is this guy? Not sure , but they say that he's very troll and rude and something like that.

And if you keep on complaining about that member, without offering any evidence... then we'll ban ourselves.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2008, 10:24 am

Instead of arguing about who sent what to whom and when, why not just re-send your complaints to one of the mods, and "cc" those same complaints to all the rest?

Instead of whining about the problem, become part of the solution.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 8:25 pm

Lau,

I did respond to your pm, and I can prove it. I was not rude to you, though your bringing up a private message from months ago in this thread and then publically distorting easily proven facts in order to attack me here is very rude and very un-mod like. If you have saved every pm that you ever sent or received, than you have a pm from me in your inbox and you have read it. Also, there is no way the issue you are talking about could have happened in March, because I wasn't diagnosed with the health problem being discussed until July

Its this nitpicking by mods against any member that thinks the site is anything less than 100% perfect that causes so much of the animosity between mods and members here. Why is there such a need by the mods to attack posters who see a problem and want something down to fix it? Why can't the mods be willing to work with the members instead of against them. What possible reason could there be for criticizing a user who brings a problem to the attention of the moderators in lieu of making any effort to deal with the problems brought up.

I see the moderator attention thread- but as I said before, there really is no point in following any of those "how to get help" statements, because you get ignored by the mods 9 times out of 10 when you take those strategies. And then if you complain about being completely ignored when seeking help, it appears a moderator will publically make false accusations about you in an attempt to hurt your feelings and destroy your reputation amongst other posters (at least that's what just happened here, isn't it?) Even when directly asked, some of the mods aren't willing to help people find the rules that are hidden in the general autism forum and the rules in many of the other forums have titles that indicate they aren't about anything resembling rules. this has all been discussed before but not changes were made, and no mods offered input as to why the rules they posted in the forums should have vague titles and in some cases titles that make users want to avoid the thread

Last edited by Triangular_Trees on 07 Oct 2008, 9:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 8:41 pm

Since you brought up the PM. Lau, along with very blatant distortions of the information contained within, I see no reason to not post what you wrote to me and what you were responding to that you are distorting for your attack on my character in this thread

Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:14 pm

Quote:
Hi...

Just to let you know that MrMark showed your PM to the other mods, and you will not have a problem with WP. You are not the only member that has "bad patches" of one sort or another.

I thought you would like to know that I banned Assburgerstew shortly after his 95 minutes of trolling (as soon as I noticed it, in fact). I was not sure what to do about your "All parents are perverts" thread. I wonder if he had been attracted to it because your first post was too "subtle" for him. In the end, I thought I'd leave the thread as it stood, rather than attempt to excise his "contributions" to it. Another mod independently saw the thread, banned him, and decided to remove the thread from public view. A pity, but it was probably what I should have done in the first place. I'd be willing to have a shot at excising all the troll's posts (and quotings) and reinstating the thread, if you wish. It might look odd after that, though. A pity he got fed so much.

Anyway, best wishes.

In response to a pm I sent to Mark:

Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:14 am
Quote:
First off this guy is a total nutcase troll: Assburgerstew

Secondly, I will not be taking my seizure medicine for the next week do to a rash I've developed. The seizures I have cause me to become very angry, frustrated and hallucinatory. Usually the hallucinations are about someone wronging me in some way. Sometimes I can tell i'm hallucinating (ie nuclear bomb exploding on my hand) other times I've no idea if I was or not (ie talking with someone on the phone) As such my behavior on this site may not be appropriate - and if a post of mine is deleted for being inappropriate before I have fully recovered from the seizure, then I will honestly believe you are lying to me that I ever posted it just to get back at me for something. And then I will get angrier and angrier at you for warning me over something that never happened and/or refusing to tell me what I was warned. And will increasingly insist that you explain yourself until the seizures stop enough for me to realize what had really happened in the first place. If the post is there at least I can look at it within a few hours of posting it and say "I never posted this but it does sound like I was having a seizure when I wrote it" But again being able to think like that won't happen until the seizure has stopped and i've begun recovering from it

I can't just say I won't think this way, or I won't do that, or I just won't come to WP, because when I have seizures I am not in control of any of my actions - it only looks like I am. Were you standing next to me you'd have no idea I was seizing One site refers to it as "the lights are on but no ones there"

Also simply blocking me from this site for that time period would be very bad. I do have a history of trying to get revenge for things I hallucinated were done to me when my seizures are not under control and have created quite a problem on another site as a result (or allegedly have, I have to take people's word on what I've actually done). And that was just from one post being deleted that I felt it was important for everyone on the site to see. After about 9 months of demanding they tell me why my post was deleted, someone finally let me see a copy of my message - it wasn't anything like I remembered writing, and I could see why it was deleted. But since they had refused to show me my post and/or say what was offensive about it the first 500 times I asked, I had no incentive not to believe they had deleted it out of spite rather than a valid reason

I'm not sure how bad i'll get this week. I was having constant seizure activity that resulted in dramatic mood swings this year, and I had so many seizures during my EEG in early July that the doctors were astounded at how well I was able to function. Its possible i'll go back to that, or its possible it won't be anywhere as bad now. I'll be eating high fat foods to help it be the latter.

What I'm thinking is that if I do make a post that needs to be deleted, you could send me a copy of the post in a pm - but don't put words like Warning! or you could get banned! in the title. That will just set my anger off into a rage. Maybe just say something like "I had to move this post." thens omething like "i'm sorry" or "i hope you start feeling better when you begin your new seizure medicine." that way i have reason to believe you aren't just being mean to me

And now I'm probably ending up getting redundant and your skipping half of this so I better end it.

so where's my mention of my responding to a troll inappropriately, or expecting to be banned for something that has happened here as you claim I have done? - I don't see any mention in either of these messages, and which appear to be what you are grossly distorting to justify your attack on me in this thread

*For anyone who doubts the actual truth, I have screen shots of everything that I'll gladly share with you. This way nothing that happens to my account will delete the truth of the sitaution Lau distorted on the previous page. Also please read the post in my signature before even considering that it was posted for anything resembling the reason that Lau accused me of posting it.

Now that truth of what happened has been posted, can we stop with these attacks and get back to the issue of the mods ignoring users who have valid concerns about what is going on here?

Last edited by Triangular_Trees on 07 Oct 2008, 11:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 9:28 pm

MrMark wrote:

None of those posts seem very trollish to me.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 9:31 pm

lau wrote:
I think I'm getting the gist, here.

=============

I have saved every PM I have ever sent or received since I joined WP.

Triangular_Trees. You have never sent me a single PM.

Conversely, I have sent you exactly one PM.

This was in March, when you were expecting to be banned for some of your unacceptable behaviour. I sent you a reassurance that we would be lenient, as you had been reacting to a real troll's attack. I even offered to perform some cosmetic surgery on a thread of yours that had been removed from public view, as a result of the excessive trolling on it.

You chose to ignore me. I have only noticed this now - how impolite you were.

===========

Around that time, you started touting the ridiculous idea in your signature: that you would expect everyone else to put up with your outbursts. Be assured that we have not taken, and will not take, any notice of that. You are expected to adhere to the rules. If you don't, you will be banned - even if the people you attack happen to read your excuse thread and chose not to complain.

============

Now you seem to be accusing all and sundry on the board of being trolls, but without offering up a single name. Maybe we should just treat this as a personal attack on all other members, and ban you? It would probably cure the problem.

We know that not everyone gets along with everyone else, all the time. You seem to imply that you never get along with anyone else. If that is the case, I don't see that we can accommodate you.

Lau, I don't think this post is very appropriate. I didn't think mod's were supposed to discuss bannings or bans that may have happened. or to insult people. This post seems very private, and I find it rather startling that you would think to post it for all to see instead of private message it. :(

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 9:38 pm

CentralFLM wrote:
Quote:
My sound will not work!! !! videos on the internet no sound! Itunes works find so it shouldn't be the speakers!! ! The one difference is my mom used Dust cleaner and sprayed my cooling fan and keyboard (you have to clean them!! !! !) Please help ME!! !! !! !! !

Yea the world will end because you don't have sound. Why don't you get out of your room, out of your parent's house, and actually contribute something or GIVE somethng back to society instead of crying like a baby at the world.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp1743482 ... t=#1743482

CentralFLM wrote:
Maaduck or Christiaaaaaaaan, your an idiot and your mom must have been illiterate to spell your name that way. Secondly, I saw your picture on your myspace page and you look 40. You need to take better care of yourself.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp1743272 ... t=#1743272

Seems very trollish to me