Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 12:26 pm

So it would seem this website is very slow, I mean 5 minutes to load a page sometimes. Also I keep getting error messages of something wrong with the 'script' of the page or whatever. I mean I can't even post a single response to a topic without the site freaking out and freezing up obviously leaving me no choice but to close the window and have to re-type the entire thing. That and the capacha is ridiculous as it makes you do it about every time you post and half the time it glitches and doesn't even put the post up...so unless your lucky enough to be able to use the back arrow you have to re-type it or just decide its not worth posting in that thread after all.

Anyone else having this issue? and I doubt it is my computer since this is a brand new one with a core i5 processor, and I have tried loading this site on different browsers to....firefox, internet explorer edge for windows 10, chrome don't really know of any other browsers worth trying.

But really I don't know if the site needs more up to date software...or what is going on, might have to take a break for a while if this keeps up because I can't keep torturing myself with the frustration of dealing with all the glitches and slowness.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 1:11 pm

It has been mentioned before, the only response I have seen is this one:

alex wrote:
Neotenous Nordic wrote:
But what is the cause of the forums slowing down to a crawl? Sometimes it freezes up all together and I have to ctrl-alt-del to shut down the frozen browser.

There are also messages about scripts not responding.

That sounds like an issue with your computer/operating system.

From here: viewtopic.php?t=298300

There are a few threads on CAPTCHA so maybe add your voice to one of those if you feel like it.

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 5:46 pm

I browse the site on my android tablet and performance is woeful. The huge number of animated flash ads also drain my battery very quickly. That is why I use Adblock on PC. This is probably the most ad infested website I use regularly.

https://acceptableads.org

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 12:49 pm

neilson_wheels wrote:
It has been mentioned before, the only response I have seen is this one:

alex wrote:
Neotenous Nordic wrote:
But what is the cause of the forums slowing down to a crawl? Sometimes it freezes up all together and I have to ctrl-alt-del to shut down the frozen browser.

There are also messages about scripts not responding.

That sounds like an issue with your computer/operating system.

From here: viewtopic.php?t=298300

There are a few threads on CAPTCHA so maybe add your voice to one of those if you feel like it.

Hmm I'd think a brand new Acer laptop with windows 10 would be advanced enough to handle this site without so much lag. It seems to me like a problem with the site...it had the same problem on my laptop that broke down as well as my moms laptop which I was using while waiting for this one. Also every other site I go to runs just fine...its just specifically this one.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 12:51 pm

corroonb wrote:
I browse the site on my android tablet and performance is woeful. The huge number of animated flash ads also drain my battery very quickly. That is why I use Adblock on PC. This is probably the most ad infested website I use regularly.

https://acceptableads.org

I have adblock, but hell I could deal with seeing more ads if it meant this site ran fast without making me fill out a capcha every time I try to post....I mean how many times do I need to confirm I am a human?

alex
Developer
Developer

01 Dec 2015, 2:35 pm

Does this happen on just one computer or on all of the computers you've tried?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 3:12 pm

the site runs fine on my laptop, no slower nor faster than any other but performance is woeful on my older desktop that runs pirated windows 7. minutes of loading.

how much RAM does your laptop have? mine has 6 gb.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 2:38 am

^It has been happening on all computers I've logged on from. However it is working a lot better today, so perhaps whatever the issue was resolved itself.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 2:40 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
the site runs fine on my laptop, no slower nor faster than any other but performance is woeful on my older desktop that runs pirated windows 7. minutes of loading.

how much RAM does your laptop have? mine has 6 gb.

7.92 gb

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 1:34 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
^It has been happening on all computers I've logged on from. However it is working a lot better today, so perhaps whatever the issue was resolved itself.

good to hear. :nerdy:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.