Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

noisserped
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Nov 2021, 7:25 pm

In the past I got what was necessary to go into a uni, but of course, having no support network, and no establishments nearby, I couldn't... but guess what, some other place has 2 unis... like, wtf is wrong with this world? Oh and the person locals elected a decade ago mothballed plans for a local one, and keeps being elected, so until that isn't the case anymore... I guess I'll finally go when I'm 100 or something...

It's an arid world, and I hope no one thinks skills is what determine educational attainments... above doesn't even mention cost, of course, which is another thing...

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 1:58 am

noisserped wrote:
In the past I got what was necessary to go into a uni, but of course, having no support network, and no establishments nearby, I couldn't... but guess what, some other place has 2 unis... like, wtf is wrong with this world? Oh and the person locals elected a decade ago mothballed plans for a local one, and keeps being elected, so until that isn't the case anymore... I guess I'll finally go when I'm 100 or something...

It's an arid world, and I hope no one thinks skills is what determine educational attainments... above doesn't even mention cost, of course, which is another thing...

Could u attend classes online from a small cheap public state university?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 5:13 pm

I think the answer is in your post, the local official who moth balled the proposal and keeps getting elected.

Your neighbors don’t really want a higher learning institution in their town, or at least not enough to prioritize it over other things.

Meanwhile, COVID moved more and more courses on-line, and many major universities still have substantial instruction available on line. It is a good time to reconsider how you might access the education you want. Look at both programs with a long history of on-line offerings, and schools in states that have been applying the most careful COVID protocols and, thus, are staying largely on-line (like California).

noisserped
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Nov 2021, 2:32 am

I could try online, but they're still expensive, and not as highly regarded...

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 2:13 pm

noisserped wrote:
I could try online, but they're still expensive, and not as highly regarded...

Conventional schools now have part of their standard course work on-line, often due to the health concerns of the professors. At my daughters university 2 of her 3 courses this quarter went on-line. The downside is the full tuition, no savings over normal full university tuition. And no opportunity to do research work, another hallmark of a university education. But it’s the same degree.

noisserped
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Nov 2021, 3:39 pm

Yeah, I don't think the expenses are worth it...