What kind of person has homework over March Break?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 11:05 pm

I just have four assignments that should be done/have a good part done by the end of march break, but I catch a really bad cold and can't really concentrate on anything for a really long time. I keep on getting chills too, which makes me stay buried in my blankets for a couple hours at a time.
Of course, my newly restarted obsession with pokemon is not helping much either.
I can ask for an extension on one (it's an online course and thus really flexible because the marks come at the end), and another is not due for a while (and not really manatory since it's a contest/assignment, but if I win it will help me get into University). The third is almost done, just have to add quotes and make sure that it's 5-7 minutes long (it's a presentation, not practicing it though because the anxiety of practicing is too much for me right now). The last one is my ISU and the reading log part of it NEEDS to be done by the end of the March.
How much focus should I put on each one? I know the contest SHOULD be put last, but I need to get into University...ugh, I just want this to all go away :(

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 12:17 am

I had tons of work to do over March Break last year. Not so much this year, but I still had to study for that stupid biology contest I've enrolled myself in. So, you're not alone. I had tons of homework over the winter break this year, though. I also usually end up doing plenty of work over the long weekends.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 7:49 am

MathGirl wrote:
I had tons of work to do over March Break last year. Not so much this year, but I still had to study for that stupid biology contest I've enrolled myself in. So, you're not alone. I had tons of homework over the winter break this year, though. I also usually end up doing plenty of work over the long weekends.
Thanks for responded :P
I'm rather behind still, don't know how I'm going to stay caught up...

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 4:29 pm

I have one, for a class that I don't care about. "take 40 photos of 'stencils' and then show them to me when you come back". What the hell?

Personally, I don't think I'll do it.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 4:38 pm

Looks like you've got a lot of work to do. :roll:
The best thing I would recommend to stay on track is to stay away from your obsessions for a while. I know that you might become quite agitated and anxious to get back to them after a while, but staying away from them would help you get them off your mind for a while, helping you concentrate. I used to be obsessed with Neopets, and I know that it can be very addicting. So, finish all your work first and then reward yourself with spending some quality time with your interest.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 7:42 pm

Yikes getting homework in high school over break is pretty rugged. Usually I didn't have much in those periods if I remember correctly. In college though it's pretty much a given if you're on a semester schedule, and in grad school (at least for me) that's when the MOST work gets assigned. If you intend to go to college, which it sounds like you do, it is good practice as much as it may suck.

I had an early break (a couple weeks ago) and I had to write a 17-20 page paper, and put together a power point and a 15 minute presentation about the paper, all due in my first class after break. I was thankful that I had all the downtime afforded by the break to get it all together.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2010, 12:55 pm

I'm mostly caught up now, thank goodness, I just have two projects that I'm worried about. The online class project isn't making much sense to me because it's SOOO open-ended The teacher gave us a broad subject and a timeline and we have to make up a project from that. I am REALLY bad at that sort of thing, I really just don't know where to go with it. :(
Then there's an English project that I just need to finish a reading log (loathe reading logs) then I'm caught up.