Student exchange, anyone? Problems with professors...

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

saimand
Raven
Raven

28 Jun 2013, 4:28 pm

I want to go on student exchange program, but I'm too anxious, too afraid and I suck at meeting new people... it lasts 3-5 months (Erasmus-Europe)...second language is not a problem, grades are not the problem and I could easily get a grant... I could go on International Society for Alternative and Augmentative Communication conference next year in Portugal, but I'm such a tw**...and I m afraid of plane crashing cuz that's one of my obsessions and no statistics or logical explanation could fight that fear... I still have opportunity to get enough points to met criteria for research assistent once I finish but bohoo I'm not toady (or whever u call it) and cannot connect with mentors so one NT guy will probably get it although I can do much better... I really wanna have some international experince before I get my MS degree, but I'm simply failing it... and I'm not a show off, I hate flaunting and everyone else seems to profit from it...

Has anyone been in exchange program? How did u cope with new surroundings, people, anxiety? :huh: :help:

And how do u get along with professors, I got in the trouble for asking the same question 4 times and telling my professor how could she conclude sth when she doesn't know the basics-I didnt mean to offend her but it seems she got it that way , now Im having rough time... I feel verbally abused on her lectures and I don't know how to solve that too (and no, she doesn't know about my AS, although she pointed out I'm a problem in SLP department- well thanks) and my grades dropped because of her...help please :cry: Because I really consider quitting.....I know, Im walking contradiction, but in my head it's all or nothing :roll: