Did you buy any of your school yearbooks?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 11:56 am

If so, which ones did you buy?

I've been buying yearbooks every year since I was in kindergarten. Unfortunately, I have lost my kindergarten through second grade yearbooks, so I only have the ones from third grade up to my senior year in high school.

What was funny is that the yearbooks for my last year of elementary, junior high, and high school were in full color. It was a great way to commemorate my last year at each school. :)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 12:05 pm

never bought any

11 Feb 2011, 12:40 pm

I bought one each year I was in high school. I served on the yearbook staff my junior and senior year.

KBerg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2011, 12:44 pm

Different country so we didn't have yearbooks at any levels. We did have class pictures that had everyone's names on a paper it came with. 20 years later I have nothing from high school except for my memories and a collection of quirks and anxieties. I know that I would not have kept the pictures at the time, I actually burned most of my school stuff from then. I doubt my mom has kept them as I was unable to find anything from there from her either.

I regret that now, not having had something with info. With those experiencing coming back to revisit I am saddened that I have no way to find out the name of one of my teachers. I want to see if she's still alive and send her a thank you letter for an act that to a 14 year old was the greatest act of kindness I'd experienced and made such an impact that even today when I feel sad I think about it to feel a bit better. I hope someday I can find her to tell her that.

Hands
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Feb 2011, 4:03 pm

I bought one the first year of secondary school and the year before my last year of school.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 6:05 pm

I've bought them every year in middle and high school. My elementary school didn't have them. I really like them, even though they are a bit expensive. Even right now I find them useful because if I can look people up if I don't remember a name or meet someone new.

Last edited by AstroGeek on 12 Feb 2011, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 7:29 am

Not at all. Don't see the point.

Idolatry
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2011, 12:28 pm

My school paid for them for four years. I then paid for the two that were not covered. I actually liked my yearbook even though I was not one of the individuals to have fifty photographs of themselves in them.

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 3:58 am

I believe I had something from 4th grade, but it's probably long gone. I have one for each of 5-8, and I got one my senior year. (like I was going to spend $100 every year on pictures of people I hardly knew) The last one has maybe 5 signatures in it... I could've had more, but I really didn't care. I had the most signatures from 7th, which I suppose makes sense because I wasn't there for half of the year. Instead, I was forcibly home-schooled, while trying not to lose my mind after witnessing my last grandparent die in front of me. Overall, they are physical manifestations of memories I would rather not have.

But they do not have me

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 4:54 pm

No. Not even many years later 2nd hand. I tried not to get in the thing.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 11:00 pm

for some reason, in my senior year i paid for one, even though there was not a single picture of me in there nor any mention of my name, only because it was 1979 and i figured i should have something to mark the end of a decade. strange reason, i know.

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 9:09 am

I went to a different high school every year.
I wanted to buy my 9th and 10th grade yearbooks but they didn't print enough.
In was actually in the yearbook in my junior year and I don't just mean a headshot but extra photos. I was quite surprised since I had nothing to do with nor did I know the yearbook club, so yeah I bought it.
In my senior year, they couldn't be bothered to put a photo of me (not even a headshot!) in the yearbook and as a result I couldn't be bothered to buy it.

Non_Passerine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Feb 2011, 1:23 pm

I bought yearbooks every year they offered, which was 5th-12th grade. I worked on the staff many times, and got to roam the schools taking pictures and seeing different activities. It was quite an experience! In high school, I took some memorable, crazy shots of people making funny facial expressions that got published. I occasionally read the messages people wrote me and realize that some of them said some really nice things, even though they may not have hung out with me during the school year.

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 2:06 am

My parents bought yearbooks every year of middle and high school. Most years I didn't want a yearbook or didn't care, because I wasn't in them besides my school photo and I didn't want to remember most of the people. Now I'm glad they bought me the yearbooks anyway.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 7:29 pm

They sent a yearbook at the end of year 11 and I wasn't even in it. :lol:

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Iridescent
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Mar 2011, 11:10 am

They give me every year, I never want it. Sometimes I considered to burn it, I'm really has a bad memory about it.