Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

anikatheoddone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2011, 8:55 pm

i have this guy-friend at my school who has Asperger's too...i think. either that or something a little bit stronger (only a LITTLE) he doesnt hug anyone, but whenever he sees me he goes right up and hugs me, which is odd cuz hes EXTREMELY TERRIFIED of hugs. he also acts really nervous around me and all my friends agree he acts like he likes me.
hes more autistic than me, and i always feel i need to watch out for him, and i dont want to break his heart, but im actually a lesbian. one of my friends told him im gay, only he thought she meant gay as in happy and she decided to just leave it at that, just in case he tells his mom (he tells his mom EVERYTHING) i decided i shouldnt tell him, i really dont want to hurt his feelings. its not like he ever asked me out or anything. idk what i should do if he DOES tho, i mean he'd probably never get a girlfriend until hes an adult and learns to control his autism a little better.....i really dont want to break his heart tho and going out with him even tho i like girls and it would only be out of pity. i think it would be best to b just his friend, but how exactly should i explain to him im gay? more importantly SHOULD I????

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 6:57 am

I think as things stand now, you're probably okay without explaining it. But if he does indicate that he wants a relationship, definitely explain that you're a lesbian and, if necessary, what that means in regards to your relationship with him. Definitely don't go out with him out of pity; that may seem like a nice thing to do on the surface, but it would be the wrong thing for you and for him.