Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

wonderboy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Sep 2011, 12:48 pm

If you could change one thing about university what would that be?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 1:18 pm

Cost-Free Tuition

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2011, 10:35 pm

Having to pay so much for tuition

Teredia
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 10:30 am

If i could change one thing?
Id fire my art lecturers right there on the spot. (mind you all the students want to do that).

Lecturers being more respectful to all students...
They don't need to know i am an aspie, but as soon as they know, I get the respect I should have gotten in the 1st place.

Twilightflame
Raven
Raven

28 Sep 2011, 10:39 am

I would change things such that what is the closest approximation to the truth is taught. We're not kids anymore, we don't need simplifications. Or lies. No more of that "light always travels in straight lines" drivel. No more saying of that "the solid form of something is always denser than its liquid form" nonsense when you're drinking iced coffee and have the counterexample literally under your nose.

My pharmacostatistics lecturer taught something a few days ago that was logically BS, and given that mathematics is a very logical topic in itself, that set alarms ringing. I found out not too long ago that my instincts were right.

Bloody lecturer refused to acknowledge the possibility of an error when I approached her after the lecture. When you're dealing with university students, I really detest the cretins that put their pride over the truth (or rather, the closest known approximation to it). While most knowledge out there is tentative and what is believed widely to be true might be false, what can be easily demonstrated to be BS should be kicked out of the lecture notes. With the failure that refuses to see it even with a Ph.D in the very subject she screws up so bad in.

There are many good lecturers in my university, mind. However, the 25-35% that fail give me a very hard time. Since I'm dedicated to learning and knowledge I am ethically bound to write always what I believe to be closest to the truth as humanly possible. But when your lecturers are wrong, they will mark your correct answers wrong. And that annoys me. I don't care about the grade all that much, usually the rest of my questions are completed well enough that I still float around the top of the cohort. But as a matter of principle, I am deeply offended that incompetence is allowed to mark competence wrong just because of social power. Perhaps if I was not an Aspie, this might be just another accepted social norm, but I have no liberty to choose who I am.

I have limits to how much ranting I may do in Facebook since it might find its way to her, and she might fail me for the module, useless crap that she is. But I may rant here in anonymous form. Joy, joy.

LostUndergrad9090
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 11:26 pm

The students or me.

Loans being sent out 2 months into the semester.