OMG F-ing God-IDK how I will continue

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2012, 1:32 pm

I'm going to kill myself if my whole semester is like this. I really need some time to recharge, but this week was just absolutel. A 3hr class on Tuesday, on Wednesday had to go to some sort of meeting, on Thursday helped with a field trip, and now Friday have to go meet my group around noon for a 3hr working on a group project. I have had not had proper time to sleep, I work better when I get 8hr comas to noon. That's 3 in the morning till noon. I can't sleep any early than that, I've tried. If I don't get enough time to recharge and be by myself I'm going to f-ing explode.

Sorry needed to vent and this regards college more because the reason why I am doing these things are set off by college work. Erg. Just erg.

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2012, 4:00 pm

maybe try meditating

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2012, 4:05 pm

Have you tried any OTC sleep meds? Doxylamine (active ingredient in Unisom) works well for me. Benadryl also works for me sometimes. I take it about an hour before I want to fall asleep then get in bed and read until it starts working. You could also ask your doctor for something like Ambien, until you get on a new sleep schedule.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2012, 10:18 pm

Try something milder or natural for sleep first. I take Birsperione (sp?) for sleep, which is an anti-anxiety that isn't addictive (and that helps me sleep, since anxiety is part of my own sleep issues), and I take Super Sleep, which is a orange (slightly chalky but tastes like candy) blend of 5-HTP, Melatonin, and L-Theanine

anxiouspoet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Feb 2012, 1:55 pm

Hopefully you're still checking this thread Pandora_Box.

I can verify that melatonin works great for sleep. It's the only thing I've taken that's potent enough to get me to sleep hours before my natural sleeping time (appr. 4am) without making me feel spacey or groggy the next day. And the sleep is natural and refreshing. It also helps fight depression and has been shown to prevent cancer. It's a naturally occurring, endogenous hormone. And finally, it's cheap as hell. The only thing you need to worry about is that it's synthetically produced. But most name brands produce it this way. If it's extracted from animal tissue I hear there's a chance that you may get a virus...? At least that's what I read.

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 4:52 am

anxiouspoet wrote:
Hopefully you're still checking this thread Pandora_Box.

I can verify that melatonin works great for sleep. It's the only thing I've taken that's potent enough to get me to sleep hours before my natural sleeping time (appr. 4am) without making me feel spacey or groggy the next day. And the sleep is natural and refreshing. It also helps fight depression and has been shown to prevent cancer. It's a naturally occurring, endogenous hormone. And finally, it's cheap as hell. The only thing you need to worry about is that it's synthetically produced. But most name brands produce it this way. If it's extracted from animal tissue I hear there's a chance that you may get a virus...? At least that's what I read.

Well I can't have something with animal tissue anyway. I am vegan, I am vegan for medical reasons. When I use to eat meat I use to have psoriasis and eczema when I went vegan it cleared away. I tried going back to eating meat and I ended up breaking out again. And thus I am like this. If there is a brand without animal tissue in it or anything then I guess. I just don't like taking stuff, I'm stubborn like that. But I am not a morning person. Nor am I an early night person too.

I also made this thread when I was really tired and just wanted to go back to bed, it was 8 in the morning kind of thing where I went to bed at 3 my usual time and had to force myself awake to go somewhere. It was slightly annoying at the time.

ProfumoAffair
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Feb 2012, 12:16 pm

Having an active lifestyle may sound bad in the short term, and the stress of others might get to you, but I think you can pull through.