I hate my school with a passion nowadays

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

FreeSpirit2000
Toucan
Toucan

01 Apr 2012, 11:49 pm

I am going to this school which bores me to death and my family is telling me to stay there until i complete all my transferrable credits totally and it is gonna take a long time for me to complete.
I hate my school because one, too overcrowded parking. Two, the school is really ghetto and has a lot of students who are inner city hoodrats. Three, the DSPS office is ran by a bunch of people with bloated egos and they talk to you like as if you are total idiots. Four, my parents are telling me to stay there and be patient, even though that school bores me to death. What is your guys take on this? Should I stick in there and be patient or change school atmosphere for the sake of myself making myself feel more happy?

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Apr 2012, 2:43 am

FreeSpirit,

Too bad about all those hoodrats lol! It seems that if your unhappy there, ( at least parly because of aspergers) you will be unhappy anywhere. I feel your attitude needs a little 180. I dont totally like my college and personally find it sort of boring and preppy at times. Like a bunch of rich suburb kids who needed to go to college. But I persisted, tried out clubs that werent always the most fun, but were glad i did anyway.

Try hard at school too. I mean its great if your parents or whoeverhelp you, but it can feel really good to really work hard at it. Just do everything in your power man, and you should be ok.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 12:51 pm

Remember that it's temporary, try to be tolerant of people who are different from you (as you put it, hood-rats).
You don't have to like the DSPS people but you do need things from them, do whatever you have to do to get what you need whether that be kiss ass, get documentation, or raise hell.
Don't waste all that time you've already spent being bored by tossing those credits.