Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2006, 8:52 pm

As many of you know, I have been accepted to Boise State University, but I am nervous because (a) I have never been out on my own, and (b) not knowing how I will pay off the $28,000 student loan I will use to pay my tuition.

Besides Boise, the alternate school is UT San Antonio, which would cost $25,000. I was also accepted to the University of Montana, but it would cost $30,000 and I found out that it took 17 classes in order to graduate (my original estimate was 15 classes at U of MT).

I am just very nervous, and need a lot of support on this, and maybe some advice if possible.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2006, 8:57 pm

UTSA's nice, campus is nice, etc, but I don't know beans about how strong they are in geology as compared to the other schools mentioned.
Geologically interesting area tho... Balcones Escarpment, etc.

lkonantz
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2006, 5:27 pm

Well, i don't know about which school you should pick. (I would go to Boise but I love that part of the country.) However, an idea about paying off the loans is to look into working as seasonal for the US government. The field you are interested might have something or if you go to Boise you would be in the center of the wildfire seasonal work. I work as a seasonal in wildfire. The pay is great and you work only 3 to 6 months, plus you can be outside. However, I don't know if its something you would like or not but just an idea.