GCSEs are apparently going to be scrapped...

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 4:02 pm

...just as I finish my three maths modules. I swear if they request that people re-do the courses I'd kill myself! I keep being shifted from one qualification to another, and I'm really tired...

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jun 2012, 4:17 pm

Really? Is that suppost to be the whole country discontinuing GCSEs? I've not heard anything about it, and I'm in the middle of a few GCSE courses now.

If they are replacing them, I have no idea why they would becuase they seem to work ok now.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 4:22 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... evels.html - admittedly, they must be easy considering every halfwit who can't think beyond "omg, i luv u" seems to have over five GCSEs on average.

Austicular
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jun 2012, 5:38 am

I don't know if Scotland does GCSEs (I'm pretty clueless about this), but what I do know is that the course for 3rd and 4th year, Standard Grade, is being replaced by a Cirriculum For Excellance, which is apparently pretty easy, having seen some of the 'tests'.

Glad I didn't have to do it; I've just finished 4th year so lucky me. As someone I know put it, the old course made you ready for Higher (or something along those lines), the current course just tries to get you to Higher. What I'm wondering though, is if the Higher is dependant on what you learn in the Standard Grade...how on earth will doing the new course work for Higher? Makes no sense :?

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 9:27 am

2014- O Levels will replace GCSEs; GCSEs are a faliure and are too easy...that's what I've heard. (Check the BBC News website)

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 9:31 am

KnarlyDUDE09 wrote:
2014- O Levels will replace GCSEs; GCSEs are a faliure and are too easy...that's what I've heard. (Check the BBC News website)
Ordinary Wizarding Levels?

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 3:27 pm

Delphiki wrote:
KnarlyDUDE09 wrote:
Ordinary Wizarding Levels?
HAHA...no, O Levels were the old exams that were in use before GCSEs were made. :)