Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 9:20 pm

I'm having roblems with my psychology teacher. At first I thought she was really neat (everyone did), but as class goes on, more and more problems occur.

1. I have given her my disability papers, and requested accommodations. She said alright but never did a thing.

2. I gave her an important paper to sign, I have to get one from each teacher for an extra-curricular, but she never returned it.

3. She never entered the grade for an assignment I submitted,

4. Despite the class meeting three times a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday), she NEVER has class on Friday. And she sometimes cancels class during the other days too (like today), or else she just shows up late.

5. She also tends to make some borderline insulting comments, not to me though. For instance, there's a pair of students she refers to as "The Jew" and "The Muslim", even though they aren't. She also smacked a student upside the head once.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 9:24 pm

She sounds a bit cuckoo. I've had a few of this type of instructor in the past. In college, they are either "professors" or "adjunct instructors."

I don't know if reporting her to the dean would be a good idea--unless you know of others who have done the same thing.

How have you been doing in her class so far?

I wouldn't count on following through on the accommodations.

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 9:30 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
She sounds a bit cuckoo. I've had a few of this type of instructor in the past. In college, they are either "professors" or "adjunct instructors."

I don't know if reporting her to the dean would be a good idea--unless you know of others who have done the same thing.

How have you been doing in her class so far?

I wouldn't count on following through on the accommodations.

Right now I have a B in the class. That's why I'm worried.

I've heard this teacher dare students to drag her into the deans office.

For the record, she often talks about drinking on vacation and holidays, and she even said she smacked her son in the face so hard his nose started bleeding.

I don't think I want to mess with her.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 9:33 pm

I would try to get through this class with a B.

Unless you really want to obtain something closer to a 4.0 GPA--if that's so, I would try to get on her good side, and request extra credit.

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 9:39 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I would try to get through this class with a B.

Unless you really want to obtain something closer to a 4.0 GPA--if that's so, I would try to get on her good side, and request extra credit.

I was invited to join an honor society, Phi Theta Kappa. But you have to maintain a GPA above 3.5, so I am trying my hardest not to get anything below an A .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 9:44 pm

You could afford to get a few "B's"--but not many.

If you could find a way to even get a B-plus, that would be beneficial to you. A-minus: even better. You have about two months left in this term. You could get the grade up.

I had a 3.8 GPA, with (I believe) 3 B's, and at least one B-plus. I got lots of A-minuses

This reminds me: something I've almost forgot: When I went to college, as an adult student, I was accepted into Alpha Chi.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 6:47 pm

I would drag her into the dean's office... and throw a few curses on her as well. :wink:

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2015, 6:48 pm

Sounds like a psychology teacher I could respect.