Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Rodey316
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jun 2015, 7:54 am

Hey guys! What's up! I haven't posted anything here for quite some time now! So my case manager at my high school is in charge of this summer program for students on the autism spectrum. I'm going to be attending the program and we're going to do some critical thinking and pragmatic social thinking activities as well as apply for internships! I'm going to help set up the new phone systems in the middle school and they hook up to the computers now! Also, I'm going to do some networking and I'm going to learn how to take apart a computer and then put it back together. :) I'm also going to have an aid there with me because I have trouble with following instructions that aren't written; anyone else here is like this too? In order for me to fully understand what to do, the instructions must be concrete and very specific. I'm both a visual and hands-on learner and it's nice to have someone patient there (an aid) to guide me through the activity step by step so that's what I'm going to get at the summer program! Again, this is an internship so I'm not getting paid, but that's okay, because I value a learning experience and getting a taste of what the real world is like. I'm turning 17 in a couple of weeks and I'm going to be a junior in high school next year. So, hopefully I'll be able to take driver's ed in September.