Should I ask for special attention during an exam?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

larsbnf
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 May 2018, 3:55 pm

Hello, this year I'll be doing the ENEM, which is the national college entrance exam in Brazil (sort of like the SAT). Yesterday as I was filling out the online form to enroll in the exam, I noticed a section about "special attention" for participants with special needs (ex: questions in braille for the blind). For people with autism, they allow an extra hour to complete the test.
The problem is that a medical report is required to "prove" that I do indeed have autism. I have a report that states that I have Aspergers, but the form specifically mentions Autism and doesn't mention Aspergers. I know that Aspergers is a form of Autism, but I'm not sure if the ENEM people will consider that.
Besides that, the form implies I'll need a second report to prove I need the extra hour. I think "need" is a strong word. I would appreciate an extra hour, especially because I've done this exam before (without special attention) and I didn't have enough time to fill in all the answers with the time I was given. However, anyone could chalk that up to just being unprepared for the test, and not necessarily a symptom of Autism.
So here's my question: should I go for the special attention, or is it not worth the bureaucracy? Keep in mind that if they find I don't qualify for it, I could be immediately eliminated from the exam.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 4:13 pm

Ask, yes.

Orion
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 May 2018, 10:47 pm

Maybe just ask if they would consider forms of autism as autism, in the theoretical, to get the information before applying or not applying.