Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 5:38 am

Just going to say, sorry if I offend anyone or something like this isn't ment to be posted here

I allways seem to be kicked out of 'groups' at school. Generally its because I let something slip that they don't agree with, or they find offensive. I've only got one real freind.

I thought these people were my friends. Well, not really freinds. Some of them a liked, some of them I didn't. But I got along pretty well with them, and I thought we were pretty content together. But I guess not. It starts with the fact that I am Wiccan. I am Wiccan, but I still hold many of the the christian beliefs that the rest of my family live with.Anyway, last week they were having a discussion on religion. I wasn't paying attention and was drawing pictures in my school diary. When one of them asked me, I just looked up for a second and told them I was Wiccan before going back to my drawing. They all cracked up laughing.

I was sick for the next two days, and then went back to school. I didn't sit with them at Recess or for the first part of lunch because the group of people whom I do not get along with (A former group of freinds) were sitting with them. At second half of lunch they went away, so me and my freind went to go and sit with them. As soon as I sat down they all moved away and went to sit with the other group. It felt a bit put out but tried to ignore it.

The next day I went to school my friend came up to me and told me that they didn't want to hang around with me anymore. When I asked her why she said that it was because they though I was a Witch.

A witch...? A witch.

Seriously. I go to a Public school where it is pretty Multicultural. Its not like everyone is the same religon. And its not like I stood up and declared that my religion was the best. If I did something like taht I would totally understand them kicking me out of their group. but I didn't, so why?

As an added note, sorry about the bad spelling and setout. I was doing some fast typing to get it off my chest

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 5:44 am

People often think I'm a witch, i've had co-workers start rumours about me to that effect. Actually I'm a christian, but the strange looking eyes, the 'unusual' woman thing. I think a lot of aspie women might have the same problem.

They would have burnt aspies at the stake in the old days, for sure.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 10:19 am

Some times life is just like that.

I don't think people need a reason to reject an aspie from there group they just need an excuse.

Which, seems as good as any.

Just remember Goucho Marx "I would not want to be a member of any club that would take me as a member".
<G>

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 10:33 am

I know what you mean. When people in the States say 'freedom of religion' it means you can be a methodist or a baptist or a presbyterian. . .LOL

Merle

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 10:42 am

I don't see that them thinking you're a witch is so unreasonable; a lot of Wiccans are.

Of course that doesn't mean they have to be jerks about it, but that's part of a larger problem Pegans everywhere face. Not a small problem at all. . . but no need to feel lonely about it anyway.

So is part of your Christianity that you've retained a refusal to practice magic?

svend_sved
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2007, 3:57 pm

dont let those ignorant fools get you down. jsut be yourself and be proud of it. anyone who kicks you out becuse of your religion is not wasting your time with.

and acording to the witch thingie, then yes. technically your a white witch, a "good" witch. if you were a satanic, however, you would be a black witch, who uses dark magic to destroy people or stuff.

next time somone tries to let you down becuse of your religion, just laugh at them in their open faces.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 3:59 pm

svend_sved wrote:
dont let those ignorant fools get you down. jsut be yourself and be proud of it. anyone who kicks you out becuse of your religion is not wasting your time with.

and acording to the witch thingie, then yes. technically your a white witch, a "good" witch. if you were a satanic, however, you would be a black witch, who uses dark magic to destroy people or stuff.

next time somone tries to let you down becuse of your religion, just laugh at them in their open faces.

well, I don't mean to be picky, but Wiccans don't believe in 'satan' so how could they be satanic witches?

svend_sved
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2007, 4:06 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
svend_sved wrote:

well, I don't mean to be picky, but Wiccans don't believe in 'satan' so how could they be satanic witches?

oh. seems like im speaking my mind without thinking it through. (again..)
what i meant was that in the case of spiritual satanism, the satanics use prayers and "the power of satan" to cast spells of destruction. "black witch" merely refers to the females of those specimens. sorry for any misunderstandings. will try to make more sense next time

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 4:36 pm

I don't think it has much to do with religion. It's a way of saying we find you scary, wierd, creepy etc etc and we don't want you around. Theyre not sure why they feel that, so the give it a name. Do they know you have Asperger's?

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 6:48 pm

Aren't witches a part of Wiccan theology?

Not to say they weren't inconsiderate or uninformed. It would be kind of dumb for someone to call somebody a Bishop just because they are Episcopalian.

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 9:34 pm

Quote:
I don't see that them thinking you're a witch is so unreasonable; a lot of Wiccans are.

Of course that doesn't mean they have to be jerks about it, but that's part of a larger problem Pegans everywhere face. Not a small problem at all. . . but no need to feel lonely about it anyway.

So is part of your Christianity that you've retained a refusal to practice magic?

Sorry I didn't really make it clear. The word Witch didn't really bother me, but it was more of the way they were saying it, if that makes any sense. I do practise magic though.

Quote:
I don't think it has much to do with religion. It's a way of saying we find you scary, wierd, creepy etc etc and we don't want you around. Theyre not sure why they feel that, so the give it a name. Do they know you have Asperger's?

People find me weird. Plain and simple. But I haven't told anyone that I have Aspergers. Its just easier that way

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 9:29 am

FieryGatoh wrote:

Quote:

People find me weird. Plain and simple. But I haven't told anyone that I have Aspergers. Its just easier that way

they probably know as much about Asperger's Syndrome as they do about Witches. (which is to say "not much") So I don't think it matters much to the herd mentality. They just bond tighter when they can exclude someone and say 'this is what we are not"

well, here on WP, we do the same thing, we bond because of who we are, too.

Merle

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 10:04 am

That's ridiculous... so people have something against you because you're Wiccan? Some people seem seriously ignorant sometimes... what is it with such people?

It's clearly their problem, not yours... I'm sure you know lol... what do people hold against Wiccans anyway? It baffles me...

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 10:08 am

Postperson wrote:
People often think I'm a witch, i've had co-workers start rumours about me to that effect. Actually I'm a christian, but the strange looking eyes, the 'unusual' woman thing. I think a lot of aspie women might have the same problem.

They would have burnt aspies at the stake in the old days, for sure.

Oh I'm sure they would have...
As for aspie males - they would have been treated as mad men... outcasted... I would have been feared for my irrational thoughts and things that I have a short temper with... mind in those days people weren't exactly 'rational' :P lol

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 10:03 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
svend_sved wrote:

I can also say that Satanists neither bow down to appease, or even believe in 'God' or 'Satan'. Satanists also for the most part are also not constrained by the concepts of 'White=Altruism/Black=Evil'.--These are inherantly Judeo Christian constructs.

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Aug 2007, 9:16 pm

thats the world for you or at least this country they say freedom of religion and acceptance of diversity but we're not all accepting in a multicultural nation. its so dumb and