Any nonmath, noncomputer, nonscience aspies...

Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2008, 7:16 pm

I'm a decent computer and math student, but my talents are more in the arts particuarly writing. I've been writing all my life, and I started writing novels at thirteen. My biggest obsession has always been books and writing, even when I was a youg child.

Viola
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2008, 7:32 pm

I'm a violist. I read obsessively :study: , and I occasionally border on being a spelling/grammar/puctuation fanatic. I'm good at math, but I don't like it very much. And I'm going to major in viola performance at a conservatory! Yeah!

I also dress goth/bohemian.

I think I count as artsy.

Maxrebo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Apr 2008, 7:38 pm

I dont know about the gender things because I was have a high vocabulary and I belive i could be considered a good speaker and If i am comfortable with the person I will socilize with them. My skills are in history area ,I am only in high school but I am awful with Math, some times science.I far from computer savay. But I stink at grammar since I type like I am speaking to that person in a conversation.

beentheredonethat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 10:56 pm

Miss P:

I too use the Internet and hope nothing explodes. My kid knows more about computers than I do, but ya know what? I majored in films, spent my working life in the industry, and write for a living now. So go to your liberal arts college, major in English or Poetry, or Social Science, or politics, and go out and save the world. I mean it. You strike me as the kind of a young woman who will do that someday.

Btdt

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 6:47 pm

I'm best at English. It's not that I'm awful with technology, science, or math, but they don't interest me that much, and I'm not naturally a super genius with them. I enjoy art as well, although it's not something I'm particularly gifted in (outside of the piano realm, at least).

(Well, not being awful with technology is debateable, really. I seem to kill it all just by being in the general range, but it's always something defective.)

I'm still considering doing a double major - creative writing and anthropology. Anthropology is for sure, even though it's a science related field; it's what interests me. I love creative writing, but it's not a realistic career.

Three years!

curiouslittleboy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Apr 2008, 8:30 pm

*singing*
Math, Physics and computer science is what I want
Math, Physics and computer science is what is hot!
Math, Physics and computer science is what I want,
'cept
Tech skills and independence
Those I what I REALLY sought!
Math, Physics and computer science is what I want
Math, Physics and computer science is what is hot!
Math, Physics and computer science is what I want,
'cept
Tech skills and independence
Those I what I REALLY sought!

>_>
<_<

Eh, yeah, sorry math/science aspie here.
Though, While I'm more into the theory of physics, I find bio experiements more fun...go figure.

btw: 20 bonus points to who can figure out what I was referencing in the song above.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 9:48 pm

I like all my subjects except for math, which kind of hinders me because I want to go into a career that might involoe alot of math.

curiouslittleboy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Apr 2008, 6:24 am

darkstone100 wrote:
I like all my subjects except for math, which kind of hinders me because I want to go into a career that might involoe alot of math.
Lemme guess, video game design? XD
If you mean the programming part, the only programming (that I know of) that involves alot of math would be graphics... Though, most people ass. programming with math because usually a math type thinker is better suited for it than most others.
I'd advice taking a class or two or maybe interning and seeing if you feel it's right for you.
If not, it never hurts to have a backup. :)

Space
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 2:11 am

I wasn't very good at math and I'm doing fine. Lots of education/career paths that don't rely on it.

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 4:57 pm

Greyhound wrote:
I like ... photography ...

http://carryonkenneth.tripod.com/privga ... ateway.htm

:)

EDIT: Altered link for privacy - I keep forgetting that referring links show up on hit counter.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

A350XWB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Apr 2008, 7:18 pm

One of the Aspergers I know in my college would go to History in university, also because she wants to become an archaeologist. :D

But I also write stories, mixing calculus and physics up, as well as I date girls for their abilities.

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 11:30 am

I like philosophy but decided to persue it in my free time, since I feared I would lose my fascination for it if it was a subject. I don't hate art, nut I hate art classes. I think no one said that the small intersts of Aspies are necaessarily in the region of science :D

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 12:05 pm

I'm an artist. I'm attending art school, and apart from geometry, I'm terrible at math! I suck at science as well. It's possible to be an aspie and be terrible with math, science and computers!

DorothyParker
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Apr 2008, 9:58 pm

I'm in high school, and up until last year I absolutely hated math and science. But now I'm much more interested in them, even though all my life I've been a humanities person. I enjoy history, philosophy, psychology, linguistics, foreign languages, visual art, music, and of course English. (What's weird is in our school they classify AP Psychology as a "social studies" course. What is it exactly? Science or social studies?) In addition, I've recently come to enjoy my chemistry class last year, my biology class this year, environmental science, zoology, botany, ornithology (I'm in a class), and especially genetics and neuroscience.

Frankly, I think all of these things are definitely worth learning.

sim
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 1:30 am

I've never been biased towards one or the other end of the art/science spectrum. I've swam extensively amongst music, writing, drawing, numerology, and other things that don't require formal (symbolically exclusive, such as programming) knowledge to be good at...

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2008, 5:56 am

I'm currently without a major, but I plan on perhaps becoming a linguistics major. I'm really good with languages :b.