Anyone college students here live in a dorm?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 1:20 am

freshman year I was on the dorms.
sophmore year I was in an on campus house(the fact that sophmores were in a house was slightly surprising, the fact that I was in a house...)
this year I'm in the dorms again, with the same roommate from freshman year.

and I'm right next door to six of my coworkers from the department I work at school, so that's where I'll be, either there or work.

t0
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 11:25 am

I lived in the same dorm room for four years. It was a good experience.

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 1:00 pm

I'll be in a dorm when school starts. Well, technically a 'university suite'. I applied for a regular two-person dorm, but they were all full. Oh well, I've got my own bathroom. :D :D :D

... but the price is a little scary. 8O

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 2:49 pm

I do. Thankfully, I've been able to get a single room for the last couple years as well as this coming year. My first year I had a roommate, which.... didn't go so well, but I changed houses for the next year, and have been in the same dorm house ever since.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 8:20 pm

3 years of roommates, enough to drive me crazy. Especcially my freshman year when I had 2 roommates in a room made for having 1. That was STRESSFUL.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

sonofamitch
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jul 2008, 10:10 pm

I've lived in a dorm since I began college (2005) and shared space with a roommate (or suitemate or two!) every semester, however, if I remained on campus for a summer session, I'd have my own living arrangement which is such a luxury - and finally, for the upcoming academic year as a senior: I have a single! (months on the waiting list... I need to gloat a little)

What have you thought the worst thing about having a roommate is?

wallaby
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jul 2008, 2:27 am

I lived in the dorms last year, but I'm going to live in a house with a few others this year.
I had a roommate; she was really nice. When I told her I had trouble speaking sometimes, she offered to chip in for a whiteboard so I could write things instead. :) Unfortunately, writing doesn't always help my person-to-person communication problems.
It was also a little awkward because I'm not a girl and she was, but that's a different issue entirely.. Mostly, I liked having a roommate, but I don't think I could have dealt as well with many other people for roommates. We had some similar interests, and she didn't mind when I went on about maths and stuff.