What's your favorite specialty in your major?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 3:31 am

Just as the title says, what's your college major and your favorite specialties (along with why) in that subject?

Major: Chemical Engineering

Favorite specialties:
Polymer Engineering and Fluid Dynamics - They both deal with my natural ability to see how physical systems interact with each other. When I go back to grad school, I'm going to be working in the on-campus polymers labs, and hope to base my degree around non-petroleum based polymers.

Ceramic Engineering - I've never taken any classes in this, but it's always peaked my interest.

Microelectronics/Semiconductor Fabrication - Only a minor interest in this, but I felt I had to include it since I inadvertently came within one class of it being my option and my senior project was based around using microorganisms to build microelectronics (MOSFET gates and whatnot).

TheKingsRaven
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2009, 12:06 pm

My Major is Computer Science, my favourites are the ones where you actually write code. Functional Programming was especially fascinating.

Urthred
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Mar 2009, 2:14 am

Major: Anthropology
Favorite Speciality: Archaeology