what should i do about this course?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

skywatcher
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Nov 2008, 7:12 pm

Is the final comprehensive? If it is, why don't you do the following (EXACT SAME SITUATION HAPPENED FOR ME THIS SEMESTER!! !)

Go and talk to the professor, let him know that you are working hard and why, EXACTLY you bombed the first exam. Let him know that you are studying very hard, you are a good student, and that you will not fail him on the final. Finally, throw in some clever reminder that it would be a shame for you to not reach your goals if you still made an A on the comprehensive final. And leave it at that, and wait for a response, and 90% of the time the professor will say what mine said and will do something like offer to assign you the grade of the final over your total grade (at this point, what does it hurt?) or may offer to "pass" you, by assigning an letter grade (in my case a B) if you happen to get above a certain mark.

Of course, I hope you use letter grades, that would make things easier, and if not, don't say a certain number, just say "good marks" and expect fair treatment in return.

Skywatcher