i have a friend who is more low functioning

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

pigsrock
Toucan
Toucan

11 Dec 2010, 10:35 am

i have a friend who is more low functioning than me and i want to be her friend but she always asks to come over every weekend but i want to also have other friends over please help

Foxx
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Dec 2010, 11:19 am

ahh,,, this is a dillemma that I have also faced long ago myself, and It's a very volatile matter indeed

Your friend has possibly made it a routine to come over every weekend, which may make it even harder, as you have to break the routine somewhat, which may be incredibly difficult without hurting her.

If you share classes or at least meet on a regular basis outside the weekends, you can always inform her that you can't meet the following weekend because you have something else to do. That could help prepare her mentally.

Some may be incredibly protective of their friendship and may want you as their only friend and them as your only friend.. in that case it would be best to break up completely, it gives a lot of stress in the end.

pigsrock
Toucan
Toucan

18 Dec 2010, 11:52 am

Foxx wrote:
ahh,,, this is a dillemma that I have also faced long ago myself, and It's a very volatile matter indeed

Your friend has possibly made it a routine to come over every weekend, which may make it even harder, as you have to break the routine somewhat, which may be incredibly difficult without hurting her.

If you share classes or at least meet on a regular basis outside the weekends, you can always inform her that you can't meet the following weekend because you have something else to do. That could help prepare her mentally.

Some may be incredibly protective of their friendship and may want you as their only friend and them as your only friend.. in that case it would be best to break up completely, it gives a lot of stress in the end.
i dont want to break up with her any other ideas
:cry: