Do you like beeing with other people?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Yes, I hang out with other people ALL the time!
Yes, I sometimes really enjoys hanging out with other 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
Yes, I sometimes really enjoys hanging out with other 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
Yes, a little, but Im only with other people at my school/job 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Yes, a little, but Im only with other people at my school/job 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Yes, but only with my friends sometimes 14%  14%  [ 11 ]
Yes, but only with my friends sometimes 14%  14%  [ 11 ]
No, I usually only with my family 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
No, I usually only with my family 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
no, I dont like it 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
no, I dont like it 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
no, I hate it! 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
no, I hate it! 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 78

asp123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Mar 2013, 4:19 pm

Do you like beeing around with other people?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 4:26 pm

asp123 wrote:

Only to cop a good buzz, and provided that I don't get stung.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 5:38 pm

I usually only spend with my parents, my mom mostly, and my social worker. They're about the only people who take any time out of their extremely busy schedule to spend an hour or so with me each week, anyway. When I'm with groups of people they mainly talk to each other and not to me, and when I ask them something either they didn't hear me aren't listening, and then they wonder why I leave so soon. This happened just last Friday afternoon when I went to a St. Patty's day "party" at a club for people with mental illness where the snacks were decent but all the tea and coffee were gone by the time I got there, no music, no jigging, just people sitting going bla bla bla boring. I don't get it, last year they had music and dancing and we even had some fun trivia questions about Irish culture and won prizes and stuff. Either the clubhouse has much less money than usual or no one cares any more.

delic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Mar 2013, 7:13 pm

Yes I like it as long as it's in a familiar weekly environment with familiar weekly people - not confusing people - nice people, I sometimes don't mind so much if another one or two people come into that environment if they have a friendly vibe, I don't care if I can't talk much I really like the company. I can talk in little passage if I really put my mind to it & I really enjoy them passages of time :).

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 7:46 pm

No I don't like it, for the most part. Most of the things I like to do are solitary activities. People make too much noise and are distracting, boring, and mostly useless on an interpersonal level. When I want to spend time with someone else, from my experience few people share my interests or the way I like to communicate (NOT with small talk) or show any interest in me. Then again, I don't show any interest in other people either. People aren't very interesting. I like them for physical intimacy and companionship (sharing interests would be nice, but I've given up on finding anyone who shares my interests), not because they are interesting. I don't like being with more than one person at a time (preferably a girlfriend). I have nothing in common with my family members, and only one friend; my ex-girlfriend, whom I never see because she lives on another continent.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 8:25 pm

Fnord wrote:
asp123 wrote:
Only to cop a good buzz, and provided that I don't get stung.

:lol:
--
And, sometimes.

quietgirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2013, 3:05 pm

Do you like being around other people? Good question! Often I see it as more trouble than it's worth.

Unless it's with my best friend Hannah, in which case there is zero effort or stress involved, we interact effortlessly and I never get irritated at her presence.

With other people it's very different. Standard NT "social occasions" are usually preplanned and I hate that! I've never understood how anyone can know in advance if they'll be in the mood to "have dinner and see a movie Friday night at 7pm." Inevitably I find myself at 5pm on Friday wanting to install cool LED rope lights behind my headboard, and I just can't make myself do hair and makeup in preparation for a social occasion I don't want to attend. I feel guilty about cancelling but if i force myself to do something I don't want to, it's painfully obvious I'm not having fun like I'm supposed to be having.

I wish guys would just invite me to call them whenever I need help with a project I'm working on and need to borrow their jigsaw. Then they could come over and we could order a pizza if we wanted dinner. Too much to hope for I guess. Sigh...

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 7:46 pm

quietgirl wrote:
With other people it's very different. Standard NT "social occasions" are usually preplanned and I hate that! I've never understood how anyone can know in advance if they'll be in the mood to "have dinner and see a movie Friday night at 7pm."

They know in advance because extroverts are pretty much always in the mood for such things.

asp123

22 Mar 2013, 5:44 pm

I usually dont like it at all.

Draka
Raven
Raven

08 Apr 2013, 9:35 pm

See, I like being with my friends more than my family. And I put most of my family in the "other" category more so than my friends because my friends are, in general, more accepting.

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Apr 2013, 11:48 am

I love hanging around with other people. I prefer being with company to being solitary.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2013, 12:55 pm

asp123 wrote:

Depends from the persons I am with.
I hate being with my classmates because I hate school, therefore I also hate people that are in school (exept very few ones).
There are very few people I like being with.

InnaLucia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Apr 2013, 4:20 pm

Yes I enjoy being with other people and being sociable, although I do also need time to myself to recover afterwards.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 12:22 am

Sometimes I do. Sometimes I just want to be alone.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2014, 12:13 am

No, I don't like it.