No 16%  16%  [ 38 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 40 ]
Yes, but not now 6%  6%  [ 13 ]
Yes, but not now 6%  6%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 234

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

07 Aug 2013, 9:44 pm

Obvious.
---
No. Besides, I personally find that look off-putting for my gender.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

LAlien
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2013, 10:14 pm

Yes, my grandma took me to get them done as an 8th birthday "present", but I didn't want them done. I was really scared and cried the whole time. She is a really great grandma and knew that I had been asking my uncle (a jeweler) to do them for a long time, but my mom wouldn't let me, so she took me to the mall to get them done when my mom finally said I could. My grandma didn't understand that I only wanted my uncle to do it, but he was unavailable... I hate the mall (sensory overload). I didn't even really want my uncle to do it, but he had done my big cousin's and I wanted to be just like her!. I took them out as soon as the lady said I could remove them without infection, and they never closed up. I never wear earrings, though, and wish they would close up...

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 10:22 pm

In five places. And I have a diamond stud in my nose. Had a couple of labret studs - I liked the way they looked, but the sensory issues drove me to distraction, so I took them out.

I'm not crazy about eyebrow piercings or earlobe spacers, and Prince Alberts are just whack, but hey, to each his own. What works for one person may look terrible on another. I try not to judge. I think nipple piercings are hot, if they're on the right nipples. :wink:

Honestly, you can get used to almost anything if you're around it a while.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 1:31 am

nope, I don't deal well with pain so nothing not medically necessary shall pierce my flesh.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

08 Aug 2013, 12:37 pm

Yes, planning to get more, too. They're not going anywhere else but my ears, though.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 2:14 pm

auntblabby wrote:
nope, I don't deal well with pain so nothing not medically necessary shall pierce my flesh.

:D You'd be shocked how painless it is, if done by an experienced pro - with an actual needle and not one of those mall salon "guns." The needle is so sharp, it slides through skin like buttah. The anticipation is the worst part - that moment just before its done, when you're body tenses up, thinking its going to hurt. Then its over, and you're thinking "Really? That was it?"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 2:42 pm

I guess I value the physical integrity of my skin surface, in terms of having no artificial holes poked through it.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 5:10 pm

Not really, although I think about it sometimes.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 5:23 pm

My ears are still pierced, but my nose was pierced back in the day. I might get a teeny stud again one of these days. :chin:

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 3:38 am

Yes, they are. But I don´t use it. So they might disappear in a few years, I don´t know.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2014, 2:17 am

no

amymarie.
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Sep 2015, 3:59 pm

i have 7 ear piercings and a tongue piercing. my ear piercings are: 2 helixs, 1 rook, 1 tragus, 1 conch and 2 lobe piercings which are stretched to a 2g. im not very good with pain, im still surprised i have any piercings at all and i want more lol

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 7:20 pm

Yes, had 3 in one and 2 in the other but now just one in each because they wouldn't stay open. Would love to have a stud in my nose, but work wouldn't like it. Ever since becoming a nurse, I've turned into such a boy - no flowing long hair, no longer earrings, no fake nails. Boo. :(

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 7:54 pm

anybody here have subcutaneous implants?

Ben_Is_My_Only_God
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2015, 9:27 am

My left ear was pierced but I had to remove it for a surgical procedure and I never bothered to replace it afterwards. The piecing hole has since completely closed up.

345 is a nice number on which to end.

Bimog And The Search For Pangea

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2015, 4:17 pm

I am a girl and I don't have my ears pierced although everyone I know finds it weird.

Noone pierced them when I was a kid. It wouldn't be a good idea condisering how I usually reacted to all doctors and hairstylists.
When I become a teenager and could decide for myself I was not interested.
And now I am too scared to do it. Not like I care anyway. I don't like wearing jewelry - it doesn't fit me - and if I had my ears pierced I would have to wear earrings all the time to keep the holes from closing up.