Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2006, 8:22 pm

Right now there are 76 members logged in. That seems impressive. Do you keep stats on this?

By the way, I LOVE that you have statistics on this site!! !! !! !

alex
Developer
Developer

08 Jan 2006, 8:56 pm

I was just saying the same thing to someone over IM about this being really impressive. I hope that we will have more than 100 consistently within 5 months. The site does seem to be growing at an astonishing rate. You can help spread the word by telling your friends and linking to the site from your blog.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2006, 9:04 pm

I've been wanting to put the link as my signature on all my emails (I use yahoo for most email) but can't get yahoo to put the link in. Any suggestions? As you know by now, I'm technologically impaired.

How come, with the huge number of visitors to the site, it doesn't come up when you google asperger's? I would think it would, but it doesn't. I checked yesterday, because I personally think this should come up right after OASIS for anyone wanting to know about it.

I guess I'm your biggest fan, Alex. :oops:

alex
Developer
Developer

08 Jan 2006, 9:16 pm

aylissa wrote:
How come, with the huge number of visitors to the site, it doesn't come up when you google asperger's? I would think it would, but it doesn't. I checked yesterday, because I personally think this should come up right after OASIS for anyone wanting to know about it.

I guess I'm your biggest fan, Alex. :oops:

Well, google bases its results on whats in the link to the site. since aspergers isn't in the title of most of the links to the site, it isn't as high up. plus the other sites are a lot older than wrongplanet. wrongplanet is about a year and a half old. the more people who link to it on websites with "aspergers' in the title of the link, the more likely it'll come up higher in the google results.

BTW, now there are 77 users online :-D

Wrongplanet is the web's best kept secret.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2006, 9:43 pm

So are you saying I can go to another site where WP has a link, and click on it, and that'll raise the google score?

alex
Developer
Developer

08 Jan 2006, 9:47 pm

aylissa wrote:
So are you saying I can go to another site where WP has a link, and click on it, and that'll raise the google score?

No, you have to make new links to wrongplanet with the word aspergers in the title of the link.

hermit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2006, 9:57 pm

I can do that at one site anyway. Consider it done.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2006, 10:13 pm

He me iki ia
VERY impressive, Hermit!
(it means "It's a small thing" in Hawaiian)

violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2006, 11:13 pm

But don't you think the number of people on wrongplanet right now could consist largely of people like me, who never log out, even when away from the computer? (There's a glitch in my copy of Safari, means I can't log out of this site or hotmail :evil: )

But hey, mustn't grumble, my glitch has got me to number 2 :P

alex
Developer
Developer

08 Jan 2006, 11:30 pm

The online now number doesn't have anything to do with logging out. It bases it on whether or not you're using the site at the moment.

TehFix0r
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 May 2006, 6:41 am

alex wrote:

Wrongplanet is the web's best kept secret.

I'm quoting that. It's going in my MSN name.