Work from home on a computer job?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 4:25 am

Anyone know of a job that one can work from home on a computer that doesn't require much or any experience, that isn't a scam, and can be done for a short time just to make some money?

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

18 Oct 2018, 9:40 am

Programming but you need at least some experience but you can earn good money. I know some companies offer courses to teach you programming when they hire you and some courses that you apply for on your own are only a few months long plus you can learn it on your own there are plenty of tutorials. It's a good job if you wanna work from home on a computer.

ShadeX
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2018, 9:38 pm

caThar4G wrote:
Anyone know of a job that one can work from home on a computer that doesn't require much or any experience, that isn't a scam, and can be done for a short time just to make some money?

If those were readily available, everyone would do it. Take a look at the unity asset store. It's by no means a path to riches... Though making a sound FX pack, UI skins, from free webdesign packs and free-sound.org and selling them on the asset store can bring in some money here and there without having to learn how to create them. Though money ends up being like $5-50 / month for each pack in sales... usually on the $5 side of things. Nice thing about it, is that 6 months down the line, when you have a 5-10 quality packs and you are on to something else in life, they keep paying out. Usually takes 1-2 weeks of a submission process on the asset store. Just remember to post on reddit's unity thread when you release it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Oct 2018, 7:25 pm

You could go to MicroWorkers https://www.microworkers.com/ :arrow:
The tasks are pretty easy like doing Google searches, clicking on adds, writing or rating reviews, subscribing to things on YouTube, FaceBoook ect. Most of the jobs don't pay more than cents like 5 cents, 40 cents ect but most don't take much time to do & the money can add up over time. When I was doing this regularly, I was making like $75 a week but I spent alot of time online. I don't do it nowadays cuz it's pretty tedious stuff & I don't spend much time online sometimes.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Oct 2018, 10:53 pm

You could be a (online)reputation manager . You would manipulate Google search results so your client appears at the top of the first page.

I wouldn't mind doing that.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 5:28 am

nick007 wrote:

I was doing something like this at Amazon Turk. It is VERY very tedious, though. And some of it is pretty scammy, like "Write a good review for this terrible product and post it at various message boards!"

But if you're desperate, you can make some money. I spent a couple weeks doing the really tiny jobs and made over $100.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Oct 2018, 5:42 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
nick007 wrote:

I was doing something like this at Amazon Turk. It is VERY very tedious, though. And some of it is pretty scammy, like "Write a good review for this terrible product and post it at various message boards!"

But if you're desperate, you can make some money. I spent a couple weeks doing the really tiny jobs and made over $100.
I realized I meant to say I was making like $75 a month. I think part of the reason I was able to do the tasks so much was because I wasn't on OCD medication then. My biggest complaint with it is that some "employers" said I did jobs wrong when I did em correctly. I submitted to have them reviewed & I got paid almost every time.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 3:00 pm

I don't know much about how to go about working at home, but I did think about it for a time. My anxiety can cause me to want to stay inside my home sometimes, and having a job where you don't have to leave the house is ideal. But now I like my job so I haven't been thinking about working from home.

OrdinaryCitizen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Oct 2018, 5:40 pm

caThar4G wrote:

Do you have a webcam and sexy underwear? :D

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 9:06 pm

nick007 wrote:
My biggest complaint with it is that some "employers" said I did jobs wrong when I did em correctly. I submitted to have them reviewed & I got paid almost every time.

Yeah, I had that with the ones where you had to listen to audio and transcribe it. I'm like "Gosh, if you already know what they are saying, why am I transcribing it in the first place??"

Those ones were way too difficult for my auditory processing disorder, so I gave up on them right away.