Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2024, 10:12 pm

Today at work I found out I have a new supervisor. Instead of Stephanie, Angela

I like Stephanie a lot more than Angela because Stephanie has never been out of control around me.

But whatever. "Life" goes on and on and on

Aspergers445
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Apr 2024, 6:38 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Today at work I found out I have a new supervisor. Instead of Stephanie, Angela

I like Stephanie a lot more than Angela because Stephanie has never been out of control around me.

But whatever. "Life" goes on and on and on

It sounds like your new supervisor is not as understanding as your other supervisor. This is very common. Managers that are understanding of an autism or Asperger’s are normally replaced by not so understanding managers and they start treating you badly that you end up walking out of that job.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 8:18 pm

Aspergers445

for a couple years before home depot hired me in 2020, i was applying to a lot of jobs. some in person interviews, some phone interviews, zero other offers.

if/when i get made redundant or quit my job, no other company will hire me.

some people are just more receptive to autistics than others, even if they do not "understand" autism per se. their personalities are just more versatile. some of that might be beyond their control. on the other hand, it is not possible to objectively measure "understanding", and I have not yet had that much interaction with the new supervisor. (not a representative sample)