Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Nightwing82
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2024, 1:19 pm

My roommate was recently offered a job in fort Collins, CO. She offered for me to move with her. I'd like to go, but I need to find a job immediately.

Problem is, I've always struggled to find employment to the point that I'm traumatized by the thought of looking for a new job. I currently work as a teacher, but this past school year has burnt me out so badly I can't do it again. So I don't know what to do.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2024, 1:08 am

Nightwing82 wrote:
My roommate was recently offered a job in fort Collins, CO. She offered for me to move with her. I'd like to go, but I need to find a job immediately.

Problem is, I've always struggled to find employment to the point that I'm traumatized by the thought of looking for a new job. I currently work as a teacher, but this past school year has burnt me out so badly I can't do it again. So I don't know what to do.

Honestly I would not move to Fort Collins but thats just me.I dont think you should risk being homeless if you dont have the money to cover rent in Colorado because of no job.Oklahoma has a much lower cost of living than Colorado.

Nightwing82
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 May 2024, 12:10 pm

Rent prices in Oklahoma are rising and I won't be able to afford rent here either without a roommate. So I'm screwed either way.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2024, 1:39 pm

Maybe look into some private tutoring gigs so you're working with one or a small group of children versus an entire class?

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

Nightwing82
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 May 2024, 5:16 pm

honeytoast wrote:
Maybe look into some private tutoring gigs so you're working with one or a small group of children versus an entire class?

I've thought about that, but I don't know how it works.

A while back, I taught online with DadaABC. There were only 3 hours per day I could work, and if I was fully booked I made $1000 per month before taxes. After a while, I lost most of my regulars and did not get any new students to replace them. This kept happening gradually until I just couldn't sustain it anymore. At any rate, it never was enough to live off as a primary income anyway.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2024, 9:35 pm

honeytoast wrote:

I can only speak for myself here, but I would find this much easier to cope with.
One private student who is motivated to learn or a classroom of 30 unruly kids to deal with.
As a school teacher you'd probably spend more time putting out proverbial fires than actually teaching.

I love to teach what I know and are very patient with anyone who actually wants to learn.
I can't image being a school teacher, the noise and chaos would be all too much for me.

Nightwing82
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2024, 7:12 pm

How do I find that kind of job?