Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 3:14 pm

I got on indeed today as I do just to make sure there aren't better job opportunities, though I am/was happy with this job for the time being.

But I saw an ad from my work for my exact position posted today, so now I am a little worried. They haven't gotten after me about anything or like given me a 'talking to' or asked me about switching to another job role there. So yeah, I am a bit confused.

Now, I don't know what to expect when I go back in on Monday.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 3:37 pm

Perhaps there is a need for another employee in the same role as you are doing? A duplicate role being created might be a possibility. I hope so anyway!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 6:54 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Perhaps there is a need for another employee in the same role as you are doing? A duplicate role being created might be a possibility. I hope so anyway!

Well, I press shirts, and then other employees iron them, if anything they need an additional person to iron clothes, not someone to take over what I do. Maybe they want me to iron shirts instead...but then they'll have to teach me how to do that and not really sure I'd be any good at it. And it doesn't quite make sense when they've mentioned I'm good at the shirt pressing. Do they really want to have to retrain me as well as train a new person to press? But I suppose I will find out whatever's going on this next week hopefully.