I'm XX years old, unemployed, and Aspie. Add your name here

Page 4 of 10 [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Downtown
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Sep 2011, 9:37 pm

I don't have a job right now, although I have had part time and temp jobs in the past.

I graduated from college last year and am hoping to get a job at some point.

ZippyZ
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Sep 2011, 12:43 pm

I am 22 years old, unemployed, and an Aspie.

My trouble lies with finding a job lies in just that: The search for the job, and the self-motivation required to push myself out the door to find jobs to apply for.

Vapno
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2011, 10:08 pm

I am 28 years old, unemployed and an Aspie.

Well, I'm an unpaid intern. I'm actually the only unpaid or uncredited intern at the big D.C. NPO I will slave at until Xmas. I also have Sluggish Cognitive Tempo and VERY naively obtained 6 years of arts degrees. So now I'm not only too socially inept to network between (political) jobs, but I'm also not even a trifle competitive in the all-important area of professional writing. This internship is the first time I've "worked" since finishing grad school over 4 years ago and at many points of my days I'm almost to the point of crying at work.

BasalShellMutualism
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2011, 11:19 pm

suebflorida wrote:
i am 45 years old and unemployed. i got pregnant while still in college and became an at home mom for 16 yrs. a divorce 6 yrs ago made me need a job. i got and kept a bank teller job for 4 yrs but it was hard on me. now i don;t know what to do and ex went from a high paying corperate job to being a school bus driver so you can imagine what that did to the child support. i do have a ba in english. i wanted to be a libraian but nobody's hiring in that area.

You can get into a state librarian masters program for either SLM or MLIS degree. You just need a decent undergrad GPA and a GRE score. You may have to take student loans for 2 years but the pay at the Masters level will be worth it.

wonderboy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Oct 2011, 4:45 pm

20 years old unemployed for like 8 months now. Applying to university at the moment and not sure what to do with all this spear time.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 8:01 pm

22 unemployed for over year now

had 2 interviews within the last year...

going to school.....

i've had three part times jobs in the past (old folks home dish washer, target sales floor then night stalking, and an arcade fixing machines and exchanging tickets)

and one full-time job as customer service for sprint

Last edited by liveandletdie on 02 Oct 2011, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 11:09 pm

I am 36 years old, unemployed, and possibly an aspie.

Only had 2 jobs in my whole life. Once I delivered newspapers for 2 weeks. Quit because it was winter and the Sunday papers were heavy. (I was on foot)

Once I had a part time cleaning job for about a month. I quit when there was a school vacation and they were working me full time and in other buildings with other people. Most of the time I worked there I got to work alone with no one bothering me.

I didn't have to do an interview for those jobs either so I never did a successful interview. For the paper route I called and left my name and number and they eventually called back and gave me a route. For the cleaning job my friend worked there. They must have been desperate for a worker because they hired me sight unseen with no application or interview.

Nick9075
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2011, 8:47 am

I am 36 years old and unemployed.. I have had several job offers rescinded because My Credit is Bad. I couldn't pay my credit cards since I was unemployed and if you have bad debt over a certain amount, many companies will rescind or cancel a job offer. I have a BA in Accounting, MS in Finance but somehow I was never able to have a career in the industry. My longest full time job was for 2.5 years back in the mid 2000's. Since 2007, I have had a string of jobs I have gotten fired from for vague performance reasons (my unemployment claims were never contested or challenged however).

I am finally going to therapy, hopefully can 'start over' in another field or buy my own business.

Jessi_in_wonderland
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2011, 3:21 pm

I'm a 19 almost 20 year old Aspie, and have never worked, and quite frankly am afraid to.

wonderboy

02 Oct 2011, 3:22 pm

Jessi_in_wonderland wrote:
I'm a 19 almost 20 year old Aspie, and have never worked, and quite frankly am afraid to.

i know how you feel about being afaird.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 11:37 am

i'm of a certain age, and i'm an unemployable aspie. :hmph: what else is new? i'm afraid to find out. :(

Helix908
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Oct 2011, 4:02 pm

21, unemployed, aspie. Chronic fatigue, ugh. Dropped out of texas tech after 2 years, started making music, got a job at a music label, eventually left, went to a rehab life center, didn't work at all, then this summer found aspergers, am undergoing testing now. Also, this week dropped out of my community college classes, so 2nd time failure. Scientific and musical pursuits have been fruitless.
Intellect of any caliber is devoid of value when given no motion. When I was 2 years old I said I wanted to be an inventor, engineer. My lego creations were of Da Vinci-like passion. Skip through 19 years and add the law of circumstance. I have severe chronic fatigue.. I feel I'll never achieve what I'm capable of. The only form of comfort I have is the efficiency with which a double barrel shotgun can quickly remove my senses

Tamsin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2011, 10:13 pm

I'm 21, unemployed, and an Aspie.

I also have anxiety, depression, ADD, several other possible LD's, and possible Epilepsy. But I won't let that stop me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 6:36 am

tamsin wrote:
I also have anxiety, depression, ADD, several other possible LD's, and possible Epilepsy. But I won't let that stop me.

way to go, sunshine :wtg: you're my new hero :)

Tamsin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2011, 12:24 am

auntblabby wrote:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. If not, then thank you.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

06 Oct 2011, 12:53 am

Tamsin wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. If not, then thank you.

No, he's not.