Is corporate culture overseas any easier?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 8:09 pm

I keep hearing these horror stories about the quite, hardworking person getting shunted for not being social enough. I know human nature is human nature, but do you think other countries might be more laid back about those who are different?

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 4:35 am

Well, I don't have any direct experience of corporate culture overseas. I haven't worked overseas. But the UK seems no easier than the US for corporate culture. Much like the US, it's a country where individualism (leading to a me-first attitude) and paranoia have gone too far. Almost all other countries are more collectivist in comparison, but in a different way this can be challenging for Aspies as you would have to be more a team player.

Logan5
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Sep 2010, 4:33 am

CaptainTrips222, in the handful of western countries I have worked in, it was/is basically the same. Over the years, I have read posts by other WP members from Australia, Canada, Israel, the UK, and the USA, in which they have described similar problems. I do not know about countries in Africa, Asia, or Central and Southern America.

kostopsykologi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Mar 2011, 10:29 am

Corporate culture in Finland is just plain nasty and nepotistic.

That's all you need to know about this place.