Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

bigbadbeast2007
Toucan
Toucan

26 Feb 2011, 6:21 am

It's apart of life and part of the workforce but I hate it when NTs push me around I resigned from a few jobs because of this what's wrong with me I love to work! But not like being pushed around oh well thats nts for you! :evil:

Telekon
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Feb 2011, 6:40 am

Push back. Resigning from a job because your co-workers are as*holes is passive behavior.

bigbadbeast2007
Toucan
Toucan

26 Feb 2011, 6:56 am

Telekon wrote:
Push back. Resigning from a job because your co-workers are as*holes is passive behavior.

Yes i know what you mean at one job there were a handful of people who were on the autistic spectrum who stuck to them selves. I left them alone but the bogans bullied them and would not let up
:evil:

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 10:02 am

It may take a few tries, but eventually you will find a workplace that is more tolerable.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 12:04 pm

Thats what the workplace is, a place to do somebody elses work for them.

vicky2011
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Feb 2011, 8:34 am

Suck it up. You need a paycheck. I go to the gym after work and take it out on the punching bag. Everyone has to deal with something at work that they don't like. That's life.

JoeR43
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Feb 2011, 8:12 pm

vicky2011 wrote:
Suck it up. You need a paycheck. I go to the gym after work and take it out on the punching bag. Everyone has to deal with something at work that they don't like. That's life.

That's crazy talk in this forum, it's all about blaming the man for your woes and asking if there's anything you can sue him over. :roll:

Sarcasm aside, Vicky is right. It's really not that hard to adjust what you do wrong. I'm sick of AS-positive people thinking they have an excuse in life. It's one thing to not be a social butterfly, but it's a totally different thing to not change something that's perpetually bothering you.

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 2:39 am

I agree, if there is one thing I can't stand it's being supervised..

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 4:39 am

Supervision is not something people like, but it is one of the things you have to accept in the workplace...

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

DCxMagus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Feb 2011, 5:09 am

step one

stop thinking of it at "NT's pushing you around"

backagain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Mar 2011, 2:57 pm

I have had dozens of jobs, and there are bullies everywhere, some are bosses.
And BTW vicky2011, your profile says you have a family member with AS, so maybe the best advice would come from those WITH AS, who have had similar experiences, not someone on the sidelines. Kind of like a swim teacher who has never gotten wet:)

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 2:29 am

bigbadbeast2007 wrote:
It's apart of life and part of the workforce but I hate it when NTs push me around I resigned from a few jobs because of this what's wrong with me I love to work! But not like being pushed around oh well thats nts for you! :evil:

Ahh.... been there, done that.

I grit my teeth and think "You stupid twit! I'll bet my IQ is 30 or 40 points higher than yours, you useless piece of dung"

Alas, we Aspies are not very good at starting or running our own businesses so what choice do we have?

JoeR43
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Mar 2011, 3:11 am

backagain wrote:
I have had dozens of jobs, and there are bullies everywhere, some are bosses.
And BTW vicky2011, your profile says you have a family member with AS, so maybe the best advice would come from those WITH AS, who have had similar experiences, not someone on the sidelines. Kind of like a swim teacher who has never gotten wet:)

The best advice I ever got was being told to suck it up.
AS is the new ADD, it's become an excuse for incompetence. We're different, but we're not functionally illiterate.

backagain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Mar 2011, 10:07 am

Sucking it up does not work long term. Three or four years of a few people laying into you when they get the chance is no way to live your life. I have had jobs where it didn't happen, so they are out there. Each place has it's own culture. I worked in a department of a huge company, and that department was run by a very successful ass, and he promoted other asses (talking about giving supervisory positions to people who have repeatedly "crossed lines" such as having formal complaints about sexual harassment, repeated racist remarks, lots of inappropriate behavior on record), but that boss liked having those types as his next in command. He knew the would do anything (lie, break laws) to keep their jobs. Other departments in the same building were very different, I found out too late. One woman got a transfer for her boss making inappropriate comments, and all the woman had said was that she should put on a little makeup, look a little more put together when she came in to work. That boss got in loads of trouble, but it was in an area of the business where high performance/money was not the huge issue. Where I worked, it was THE issue, my ass big boss was a nationwide standout for designing programs that saved lots of cash.
Being someone who doesn't want to suffer through verbal attacks in the work place does not make one "functionally illiterate", it's an indication of high self worth. Leaving for something better is not passive behavior, it's very active. Running away in not the best way to look at it, that is defeatist thinking.

I have heard non profits attract a great group of people, they are earning less but sometimes are doing something they value. Not always the case, but nothing is 100%