Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 9:47 am

My last job was with this company- http://www.rgisinv.com/English/home/English_home.htm
I loved the nature of the work but I didn’t like the way the company was run. The work is monotonous, tedious, and repetitive, requires very little verbal skills, and you get to work mostly alone, perfect for some aspies. The down side is that they won’t let you sleep, especially in January and July when everybody wants their inventories. Check it out, but, you know, don’t quit your day job yet, so to speak.
:jester:

Vinzer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 11:19 am

MrMark wrote:
The work is monotonous, tedious, and repetitive,

...Uh, is that supposed to be a positive?

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 11:25 am

I remember seeing these people when I worked at the grocery store. I hated inventory counts the managers wanted as little in the store as possible until after the inventory count (which occured early Sunday mornings). We would therefore run out of stuff on Saturday night/Sunday all day, then have a huge load on Monday to restock the story after the inventory was counted.

There may also be some processing and motor skill issues that aspies are not good at to do this job.

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 11:33 am

Nevertheless, I feel it's perfect for some aspies, but don't quit your day job yet, so to speak.

:jester:

parts
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 6:34 pm

One place I used to work my boss would always have me inventory the warehouse even though it was not my job and they had people who always worked out there I alway knew where things were better than anybody. I liked doing it nobody bothered you and it was quiet