Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Plingkoking
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 May 2011, 9:07 am

all of my friends work there and I don't want to see them everyday and if I make a mistake then it will be the end of me. It is a phone job but I can easily get the job and I NEED it but all my friends work there.

Should I just go for it if it is the perfect job and f**k everyone else?

harry_j_83
Raven
Raven

Location: not-quite-so-royal london borough of lewisham (aka "da ghetto")

05 May 2011, 10:42 am

Plingkoking wrote:
all of my friends work there and I don't want to see them everyday and if I make a mistake then it will be the end of me. It is a phone job but I can easily get the job and I NEED it but all my friends work there.

if these are your friends, they won't care about the mistakes you make.

what sort of mistake? talking about it might make it easier to understand yourself?

Lahmacun
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 May 2011, 11:56 am

If you need a job and can get it, take it, especially if you think it would be a perfect job for you. Chances are, you'll be concentrating on the work instead of your friends. If it is a high-pressure environment, they will also be very concerned about their own performance rather than their own. They also may have concerns about working with friends, so you might ask them individually or as a group how they've handled making the transition from being social friends to work colleagues. Let us know what you decide and how it works out!

Meow1971
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 May 2011, 6:06 pm

I am impressed that you are comfortable with a phone based job. I hate the phone and stare at it when it rings

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 5:59 am

dont go
phone jobs dont work out for Aspie's
and then u may end be a laughing site for your friends too.

Ishtara
Raven
Raven

09 May 2011, 5:26 am

namaste wrote:
phone jobs dont work out for Aspie's

I have a 'phone job' (IT helpdesk) and its working for me just fine. I never get angry customers (they talk to the accounts department instead), and its mostly just the same few questions over and over.

Meow1971
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 May 2011, 9:11 am

@Ishtara I could definitely see how that would work. Very cool

JeremyNJ1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2011, 9:16 am

Plingkoking wrote:

I would take it...realize that most jobs you get in the real world are through connections you make whether they be friends, co-workers, family. A job is a job..and as long as you remember to be professional at work, you shouldnt have a problem. You would actually be more comfortable knowing you have people you recognize at work with you, who you could ask questions without feeling hesitant about it.