Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2012, 10:46 pm

What working style works best for you?

Me, I work best when I know exactly what's expected of me, or when I have full control over a project. Basically, I need predictability and clear expectations. I don't fare well in environments where I'm supposed to guess or intuit what I'm supposed to be doing.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 1:04 am

I know what I'm supposed to be doing - get it running!

My gig is such an esoteric niche that I can usually 'intuit' what's keeping the machine off the road in 3 steps or less. After a few years of hearing customers' descriptions of symptoms it's to the point where I can diagnose it without thinking.

But my favorite projects are when the people give me a blank canvas (or more like a blank check) to work with

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 1:15 am

I think I have better ideas of what my working style isn't. It is definitely not Multitasking at all.

I think it's more procedural step by step. Not to say my work needs to be the same routine all the time, but it should have a steady process. I would say it should be Methodical.

jdanaya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jul 2012, 6:11 pm

I work like a mad man I do what it takes to get the things done that are expected I know what its expected every day, and sometimes my boss does surprise me with request, but however I tend to be very direct if I am displeased with something or just about anyhting at work, then again probably why my very direct store manager, and myself work well together.

ooo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jul 2012, 12:22 am

FishStickNick wrote:
What working style works best for you?

Me, I work best when I know exactly what's expected of me, or when I have full control over a project. Basically, I need predictability and clear expectations.

Same. Knowing what the task is and when the deadline is.